Harrows Darts.

Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMyOBs3D2pE

Got these recently from Red Dragon, I had a quite a few requests to review these and although I know they are a rear grip design I love the look of them so was likely going to get some anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They are only available in 25g which is fine, not too heavy for me I thought and they are 90% tungsten with a gold plated finish and cost £29.90.  You can check the details on the Red Dragon site here: Andrew Gilding darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

These came with the newer 2015 Tri-fold wallet which is a very nice update on the previous version made of nylon I think, you can buy these separately here: 2015 Tri Fold Wallet I think they have a little more storage space than the other version and look good too.  With the darts is also 2 sets of hardcore 100 standard flights and 2 sets of medium alloy stems, a point protector and RD Guarantee card:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

I think the darts have a lovely shape and look great in the gold plated coating.  Grip wise there is only physical grip on the rear made of thin rings quite widely spaced apart, this is fairly grippy but I would say closer to high medium.  I think the smooth part of the barrel where I was gripping had a nice feel though and even that was a little grippy for me.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were quite closely matched but the difference between lightest and heaviest is 1.3 tenths of a gram so a little off:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel is slightly front weighted:

With the supplied set up it was right in the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE:

I naturally gripped them near the front:

Darts landed at my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

As I mention above this is a lovely looking dart, I think the gold plate sets of the stylishness of the shape more than what I think a natural tungsten colour would have done but it also had a nice feel, kind of like the warm velvety feel of brass but without the horrible smell.

As a front gripper I was gripping on the smooth part but never felt any problems with my grip, I think its a personal thing whether smooth darts work or not for the individual but the thing with my front grip is that I am on the taper and its always a hit or miss thing with tapers with me, sometimes they are fine and other times it feels a little awkward, this was kind of in between, it felt like it was not quite right for me personally but I was not really expecting it to be.  Having said that the darts actually threw quite well with my front grip and performed better than I thought they would, I think that may be down to the nice shape and the smooth way it was flying through the air.  

No matter where I tried gripping it from it had a nice smooth stable flight although as per usual I got a little spin when throwing from the rear.

Throwing from the centre the darts felt a little more comfy in the fingers and I think that was down to the thicker part of the barrel and again they flew rather well,  they could suit a centre grip from what I seen and you can place your grip so its half on the smooth and half on the rings and get a nice balanced feel.

I do think these darts are best from that rear grip though, and it felt quite comfortable gripping there and again the flight was smooth even though its often the most awkward for me to try from.  I think the fact the barrel is not that long helped me though, but for natural rear grippers it should be an excellent well balanced and comfortable dart.

Centre grippers may be worth a try too.  I am not sure if some front grippers will get on with it, I guess it will depend on if you feel comfortable with gripping on the taper but although they threw fine I think as a natural front gripper it is not for me.

Very nice looking darts though at a reasonable price. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (lovely looking darts)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (2 very Close)
Quality: 8.5 (rather nice quality)
Value: 8 (good value)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (Threw fairly well but was not 100% comfy with my natural front grip)

Best Feature: Smooth flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great pics mate, you must have an expensive camera
may all the doubles be with you

Cheers Fred, its a Canon 700d but the lens was almost as much as the camera even though its second hand Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great pics darren , i love mine , look far to nice to throw
Thanks Del, lol I was thinking that too, almost did not want to throw them really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 another top review.
As a front gripper I do not think they would suit me. But they do look terrific and probable candidates for storms.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Great looking Darts, did they send you used Flights ? lol
(12-18-2015, 08:35 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Cheers Fred, its a Canon 700d but the lens was almost as much as the camera even though its second hand Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice Darren, a good Lens is very important to make great pics yes. My cam is already 10 years old.
Olympus FE-140 compact.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Quality review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Really like the look of these darts.
They do look nice and I'm thinking they probably wouldn't work for me either, they are a little thick in the center and I'm a middle of the road guy these days mostly gripping center.
Please take this +1 for your excellent review
Killer pics!!!!
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren
Cheers Larry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top notch pics and review. THose are a very sleek looking arrow, nice job from RD on them
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 400 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 718 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,898 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 944 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 474 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 358 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,200 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,347 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,334 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,214 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM