Double Top Darts.

Why adding T17 and T18 to your locker is a great idea
I'm a big fan of Cy's setup guide for 501 so I thought I'd do a bit of analysis on the worth of adding T18 and T17 to your repertoire.  Up until fairly recently I had two big trebles that I used in setting up two treble outshots: T20 for evens, T19 for odds and then I'd take whatever double was on the end of it.

With practice I added T17 and T18 as segments I can throw at and, even though I don't always hit them, I know if I do I can be on a good double.  I decided to use my spreadsheet skills (such as they are) to see what adding those two trebles into the mix gives us in.  And here are the results...

Two treble finishes using only T20 and T19
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Two treble finishes using T20, T19, T18 and T17
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see, not only do these two extra trebles give us more options but they give us more good options - many more opportunities to leave a premium double.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Good info. Well done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding a Score Overlay to you Home-/Pubgame Recording or Broadcast Shotgun 27 6,132 05-17-2020, 06:52 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Tungsten Putty tutorial for adding weight to soft/steel tip darts Regulatori 74 36,789 04-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Thewho