Shot Darts

Choosing Darts - Saving Time and Money
My question isn't so much which darts should I buy but more about how to buy them.

Plenty of online places to buy but what's the best way to avoid buying half a dozen sets until I find some I actually get along with?  Are there any shops around where you can be there for an hour or two and try out different weights and styles so I can narrow my choice down to, er, well, one set before buying.

Just trying to avoid buying some and then finding after a few weeks/days they just feel wrong.

Or does everyone here simply own a dozen sets? ;-)

Alan
Alan you can always go the custom way. If you know your grip you can have a set made at a reasonable price pm me.
I don't guess there are many people who simply own a dozen sets of darts
(12-17-2015, 05:13 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I don't guess there are many people who simply own a dozen sets of darts

You must be Nutz,,,,,Got 2 more sets on the way ,,,,,lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-16-2015, 09:39 PM)Millsy Wrote: My question isn't so much which darts should I buy but more about how to buy them.

Plenty of online places to buy but what's the best way to avoid buying half a dozen sets until I find some I actually get along with?  Are there any shops around where you can be there for an hour or two and try out different weights and styles so I can narrow my choice down to, er, well, one set before buying.

Just trying to avoid buying some and then finding after a few weeks/days they just feel wrong.

Or does everyone here simply own a dozen sets? ;-)

Alan

If there's no actual shop where you can try them then maybe you could go somewhere where there are other dart players e.g. a place where they play league on a league night. I'm sure if you were there having a throw on your own the league players would let you have a throw of their darts. Never met a player yet who didn't want to talk about his/her darts!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Buy some cheap sets in a few different shapes and grips.

Check out Darts Clearance, link is at bottom left of forum Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wheres the fun in only having a few sets ? LOL. If you buy a dart you dont get on with just trade it or stick it in the drawer like we all do
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Well, when I changed jobs and found the new place has a board I went out and bought some cheap darts from Sports Direct. Cost about a fiver. I feel i get on with them ok tbh but wish to take up the sport a little more 'officially' (if you will) and find a local pub league or something so wanted something a little 'better', at least in my mind. Hopefully, true players will not laugh at cheap darts if I can throw them relatively straight but I want to feel better about them. The trick is I have no idea what the weight is of the ones I have so half afraid to mail order sight unseen only to get a set that goes straight into the drawer.

Put them on the kitchen scales (best I have to hand) and guessing they are 23g or 24g.

I only live a few miles from Double Top Darts, Wokingham. Hoping they will let me try a few over Christmas when I can get there.
(12-18-2015, 01:50 PM)Millsy Wrote: Well, when I changed jobs and found the new place has a board I went out and bought some cheap darts from Sports Direct.  Cost about a fiver.  I feel i get on with them ok tbh but wish to take up the sport a little more 'officially' (if you will) and find a local pub league or something so wanted something a little 'better', at least in my mind.  Hopefully, true players will not laugh at cheap darts if I can throw them relatively straight but I want to feel better about them.  The trick is I have no idea what the weight is of the ones I have so half afraid to mail order sight unseen only to get a set that goes straight into the drawer.

Put them on the kitchen scales (best I have to hand) and guessing they are 23g or 24g.

I only live a few miles from Double Top Darts, Wokingham.  Hoping they will let me try a few over Christmas when I can get there.

Dont Talk rubbish I have shoe box
180-1(33)

lol. seems I haven;lt been here long enough to see which bit of my own post you're quoting.
(12-18-2015, 02:34 PM)Millsy Wrote: lol. seems I haven;lt been here long enough to see which bit of my own post you're quoting.

Then it`s not your post. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers mate
Dartnutz -come for darting talk
stay for Troll wisdom
180-1(33)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 15 3,251 02-25-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: LouDog29
  Choosing Stems *Saber* 6 2,717 12-16-2015, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Banz