Harrows Darts.

dartritis
Sad 
Hey guys,

Mabey you noticed, or mabey you don't, but i was away for a while. Its got nothing to do with this forum, because i really love it here, but i am fighting against dartritis now.

Suddenly it was there, and i was so horrible because i really love to play darts. Now i am trying to get rid of the dartritis, but i had weeks i dind't want to think about playing darts. I try to trow 30 mins a day, and now i have my ups and downs. Sometimes i have the rithm back again and sometimes i cant release the dart. Really looking forward to the World Championships starting tommorow(Go Van der Voort!), at least i still enjoy watching darts!

Expect me to be online here from day to day.

greetz,

Joene
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
Dartitis sucks.    I've had a couple bouts with it over the years and it is a nasty thing to deal with.    It messes with the head so much because you know you can throw the darts better than you currently are, but you just can't release the damn things properly.

I took breaks then slowly played more and more and it took a while, but it went away.    The good thing was, when it was finally gone, I played a lot better darts.    Hopefully when you get through this your darts will be on the upswing and you can put the bad times behind you.

Stick with it, you'll get your game to come around.
It is sometime so frutrating when you cant release your dart. I had a couple of times i was so full of it i just took my dart in my fist and trow it like a ball to the board. To see your hobby becoming worthless is the really awful part.
(12-16-2015, 09:18 PM)Joene Wrote: It is sometime so frutrating when you cant release your dart. I had a couple of times i was so full of it i just took my dart in my fist and trow it like a ball to the board. To see your hobby becoming worthless is the really awful part.

There are a lot of cures online, have you tried any?
Well, i am reading about it, im now trying to look at my dart. Seems to work from time to time.
Good luck in conquering dartitus joene. I am sure you will get over it
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dartitis is rough. I had it bad back in 1999 and it took me a while to get over it. But in doing so, it completely destroyed my once pretty throw. I wouldn't even wish dartitis on that idiot Metalman. I feel for you man.

I "fixed" it by throwing a tennis ball at the board. It helped me a little bit. That and determination.
(12-16-2015, 08:50 PM)Joene Wrote: Hey guys,

Mabey you noticed, or mabey you don't, but i was away for a while. Its got nothing to do with this forum, because i really love it here, but i am fighting against dartritis now.

Suddenly it was there, and i was so horrible because i really love to play darts. Now i am trying to get rid of the dartritis, but i had weeks i dind't want to think about playing darts. I try to trow 30 mins a day, and now i have my ups and downs. Sometimes i have the rithm back again and sometimes i cant release the dart. Really looking forward to the World Championships starting tommorow(Go Van der Voort!), at least i still enjoy watching darts!

Expect me to be online here from day to day.

greetz,

Joene

Best of luck getting over it and getting back to where you want to be in the game.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Hey Joene - sorry to hear about this. It happened to me a couple of times and I understand how difficult it is.

What worked for me was to hold as many sets of darts in my non throwing hand and release each one as fast as I could. Not aiming at a target - just moving from holding hand to throwing and letting it go- over and over. The main idea is to get back to a rhythm and not worry about aiming so much as releasing the dart. It took me a while but it eventually came back.

Just my suggestion and what worked for me might not necessarily work for you. Good luck and let us know how things work out.
Good to see you back, but sad to hear of your predicament. Hope you manage to pull through it and get back to throwing how you wish
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Sorry to hear that mate, I seem to have bouts of it now and then in a minor form, I cant explain it, sometimes the darts just wont leave my hand properly or they just hit the floor, if I see it happening I take a break for a while and then come back and try to just see it as some casual fun, I know its definitely worse when I get more serious and I think its through trying to hard sometimes, but I think its different for each individual which is what makes it such a nasty thing to cure.

Good luck!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I am curently dealing with dartitis myself but im almost done with it, i changed too much stuff at once including changing my throw on top of changing darts, and shaft length. I learned you shouldnt change too much at once. The two best things i did to fix the dartitis is 1. Looking at the dart helps a lot. Do this to help build up the rhythm again. 2. this one sounds weird but it works, start throwing from only a couple of feet away from the board and move your way back slowly. The sad part is you might need to take time off from competing for a while. I tried to still shoot league these past few months and still combat dartitis and that was a bad idea haha. Its all mental but try to accept the fact that you might need to take a hit on your game for a while and you need to accept that. I know it sucks.
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
(12-17-2015, 04:34 PM)RyanPleau180 Wrote: I am curently dealing with dartitis myself but im almost done with it, i changed too much stuff at once including changing my throw on top of changing darts, and shaft length. I learned you shouldnt change too much at once. The two best things i did to fix the dartitis is 1. Looking at the dart helps a lot. Do this to help build up the rhythm again. 2. this one sounds weird but it works, start throwing from only a couple of feet away from the board and move your way back slowly. The sad part is you might need to take time off from competing for a while. I tried to still shoot league these past few months and still combat dartitis and that was a bad idea haha. Its all mental but try to accept the fact that you might need to take a hit on your game for a while and you need to accept that. I know it sucks.

When I lose the rhythm and start launching too many loose darts, I turn the spotlight off on the board, and may even turn the lights off overhead.  In the day, the room is dim, but not dark.  Somehow, that eases tension, and I can throw with better form.  Then switch the lights on.

It's kind of like Flight School again, where you slowly ramp up the stress levels.  

I'm sure dartitis is all about stress. 

I would *never* suggest trying to drink the stress away.  It might work, but it does not address the issue, just the symptoms.
(12-17-2015, 12:47 AM)Nucky Wrote: Hey Joene - sorry to hear about this. It happened to me a couple of times and I understand how difficult it is.

What worked for me was to hold as many sets of darts in my non throwing hand and release each one as fast as I could. Not aiming at a target - just moving from holding hand to throwing and letting it go- over and over. The main idea is to get back to a rhythm and not worry about aiming so much as releasing the dart. It took me a while but it eventually came back.

Just my suggestion and what worked for me might not necessarily work for you. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

This is the process that helped me to beat dartitis, eventually it worked, my throw was different afterwards but at least i could could release those damn darts.
Good luck overcoming your troubles, it can take some time but it's worth it in the end.
Wow, i really put a few days of training in it., but really looking at my dart, and my dart in mid air really helps. Sometimes the darttritis comes back, but i feel that i am on the way up again!thx guys for the advice!