Darts Buddy

S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3
Greetings Nutz!

Bearing down on post 400 and I will be a year-long memeber come 31st January! I thought I would give you my 6th review for this forum on what is probably the best and most unique dart I've had the pleasure of using this year: the Target 25g Carrera C3. I got these from Madhouse darts and are not cheap at £47.99 (but the 10% discount is always a winner!).

1. Packaging

The usual Target slim box complete with Carrera flights and short nylon stems. They usually come fitted with 26mm standard black points but these darts were made for storms!

2. My Set-up

Medium Target Pro Vision stems with custom flights.

3. Dimensions

The 25g versions have a width (at the widest point) of 7.14mm and a length of 54.25mm. The following pictures show the balance point when fitted with short and medium stems (no noticeable difference):

4. The Grip and Performance

The pixel grip is definitely unusual. It feels monumentally grippy in your hand but still allows you to cleanly release the dart without sticking in your hand. I really love the grip but words just do not do it justice. You really have to try it to see. I'd give it a definite 4.5/5. If you grip in the centre of a dart, you have the smooth band on your thumb but the actual balance point is just rear of this. Also, the front tapers quite a lot so if this is where you grip (like me), it may cause your dart to land Taylor-style in the board (which I suppose is no bad thing).

However, I found that no matter where you grip the dart, the flight is terrific and I had no hint of wobble. The flight path seemed almost identical for each grip although, as I mentioned, extreme front grippers will get that Taylor-esque pendulum flight and the darts land almost flight down. Great if that's what you are looking for. These darts feel excellent in the hand and feel really grippy but you don'y have to worry about it sticking because the release from these is very clean.

5. Conclusion

I have always wanted to try a Carrera/Elliptical shaped dart and these have not disappointed! I am very surprised at how well these darts perform and I am having great fun in using them. I have been having some storming practice seesions with these and hopefully it isn't down to the usual honeymoon period. I have thrown many different darts over the past year and, in all honesty, these are defintely in my top 3. Would I recommend these? Absolutely!!! There are not many darts that give me that 'wow' factor and even fewer that make me look forward to getting home and using them. Yes, they are expensive but the quality and craftanship that go into these makes them worth it. The pixel grip justs need to be tried by all.

Now to sign off and practice with these somemore Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. . Thanks for reading and have a very nutty Christmas!!!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Where did you get those flights? I NEED THEM!!! lol
Great job! +1 and nice flights! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-16-2015, 02:41 PM)BeardedWonder180 Wrote: Where did you get those flights? I NEED THEM!!! lol

Red Dragon customs. As you can tell, I'm a bit of a Fallout fan....
I've always liked the looks of these and your are the cat's meow. Have fun stroking them to the board
Very nice review and very nice looking darts, have a +1 on me
Excellent review. The carrera are a quality set of darts. I had both the 23g and 25g version of the C3, but unfortunately they were slightly too long for me. Other than that they were great and as you so rightly say the pixen grip is one that everyone should try at least once
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Nice review S7! Have yerself a +1. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And another for those awesome flights. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Always wanted to get some custom ones done, guess it'll have to wait until the new year now.

As an aside I wish I could +2 properly instead of having to do it manually, and go to the profile page to add the other. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Nice review S7! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
Great looking darts, especially with the storms. Tried these briefly and even though I like grippy darts, these had a bit too much grip for my liking.
Thx for the nice review !
Nice review + 1
Great looking dart. I've never tried that barrel shape before. Thanks for the review!
great review, great looking setup and awesome flights +1 from me mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

+1 from me too.
A really well done and pictured Review. Thank you.
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Will be a year long member come end of the month so I'll have to decide what to do for an anniversary review

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 3,007 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  TITAN REVIEWS - Target Adrian Lewis Gen 3 21g Titan 37 16,867 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: HapBilko
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,893 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,271 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan