Harrows Darts.

Toss the rings
I am using very thin, slim flights and short PRO GRIP stems in my 17g barrels. The flights pop out, even from dart on board contact while using springs. The flight material is just too thin to get a grip. I like thin flights because they are more forgiving with deflections. I came up with a scheme to make them stay better and even ditch the springs. I folded the flight flat and layed a piece of magic cellophane tape across the tip of the flight that enters the stem. I found it quicker to do two sides at once, so I just flipped the flight over and put a piece on the other side. I then carefully trimmed the tape without cutting the flight with a pair of sharp scissors. I refolded the flight to the other two sides and repeated the process. This essentially thickened the flight causing the stem to grip better. I think the adhesive leaking from the tape edges also plays a factor. Whatever, it worked. I am liking the new springless look of my PRO GRIPs. I admit, this took me a few minutes. Maybe a little bit of tedium for some. I got faster with each dart. 5 minutes well spent.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

The thickening of the flights would make the shaft more vulnerable to breakage due to Robinhooding as a consequence. What do you think?

Me - I put light craft glue on my flights for better hold, with those plastic flight caps.
You should absolutely try the L-Style spinning shafts and the L-Flights, i cant remember when i last had to readjust a flight and i am 100% positive i never had a flight simply pop off the stem. They are somewhat expensive, but absolutely worth the money - this coming from a long time pro grip user.
Flight punch with titanium rings. Minimal change in center of gravity, and my flights used to NEVER pop off. I threw that setup for well over a year until switching to cosmo carbons and fit air kites.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
L-style flights the champagne ones to be exact work great. I've had a lot of luck with them and they last a long time as well.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
(12-15-2015, 06:20 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: Flight punch with titanium rings. Minimal change in center of gravity, and my flights used to NEVER pop off. I threw that setup for well over a year until switching to cosmo carbons and fit air kites.

And I'm back to this setup. Got tired of cosmos tearing. They should last longer than standard flights at 12x the price.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Punch on the way. Regular slot rings too. Maybe, titanium later. It is time for a try.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I have even gone as far as using a titanium ring in place of the original spring ring to tighten the tines,,,, and then use my thin flight with The L Style Punch and cap ,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Please post pic