Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Shot Infinity 3 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRet9aPAbws

Or as I like to call them the Mace darts, they look like some medieval weapon! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I got these just recently from Dartswarehouse.com in New Zealand, I have been eager to try them ever since they were release as I was very intrigued by that almost evil looking grip!

This is the 24g version and there is also a 26g and also a soft tip model too.

They are 90% tungsten and cost around £50 depending on exchange rate, that also includes free worldwide delivery.

You can find them here: Infinity Series 3 darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slimline box with a slide out plastic tray.  The barrels are fitted with Tweenie Laro stems and Shot transparent small standard flights with slot rings.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

I think the pics basically speak volumes about the grip level of these darts, it is a high level grip! The darts have a small tapered nose and are tapered a fair bit at the rear where its smooth but the bulk of the barrel is made of this spiky grip which is in three wide section separated by smaller spiky rings and grooves.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

The difference between the lightest and heaviest barrel is just three hundredths of a gram, really good with so much machining on these!

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel is slightly front weighted, they are drilled out the rear quite a lot though:

With the supplied set up it is slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The darts naturally felt spot on for me around the first small spiky ring:

Darts landed in the board in a nice upward angle, may be a little more upwards than is normal for me, but not much more?

CONCLUSION:

Well I am glad I got to satisfy my curiosity over the grip of these darts finally as it is a really very nice grip indeed!

I think it may have become my new favourite type of grip, not sure what it should be called though, so Spiky Mace grip may suffice for now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I was always a fan of micro grip but I know the limitations of that meant it wore quite quickly so then mini shark grip became my favourite as it had a similar feel to the micro grip but lasted a lot better.

Well I cant really describe how this grip feels as it has a unique feel all its own.  But I do know it is high level and its a very tactile and tacky grip but not as sticky as I was expecting it to be.  Its almost like those beds of nails people lay on, the points on the grip are close together so you feel them and they provide traction but don't dig in unless your deliberately gripping too hard.

However I think it may still be too much for beginners and some people may think its too sticky for them but I love the feel of it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Also I could not help but roll the darts in my non throwing hand, it has an almost therapeutic feeling.  I am almost sure the grip is helping the thrust of the darts when I throw them too, it is just so nice to me I was just throwing the darts after my review just for the sake of it lol was not caring where they landed I just liked the feel of throwing them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The only thing that I did notice which is something that happens on quite a lot of grippy darts for me is I got a fair amount of spin after release, was not really hampering the flight of the darts though so it was no issue for me.

The darts themselves seem to have a balance that is very sweet for a frontish grip too, I think that is down to how much they are drilled out at the rear and apart from the spin I saw no problems in the flight and they behaved really well overall.  

I tried them from the very nose, just front of centre and towards the rear and they threw well with all grips which was kind of surprising.  But for me the sweet spot was on the first small ring.

I kept thinking the darts were shorter than they are, they are just about 51mm but I was thinking they seemed shorter and its probably an optical illusion because the spiky mace grip ends about 13mm before the end of the barrel.

Overall the dart performs rather well but for me the winner is the grip, its just simply great!

I will have to see how well the grip lasts though and also how it affects the flights but I have only seen some minor damage on the flights so far, I think the nose of the barrel helps in that regard but the wings have got lines down them as the barrels have scraped over them.  I don't really see the grip been any worse than a ring style grip though as I think its on when they catch a flight edge at an angle it causes damage.

But will report back in time after more use.

So if you want a different feeling grippy dart then give these a go and let me know how you like it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (Look kind of evil and almost like a torture dart, darts for sadists? )
Grip: 9.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 9 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (I love throwing them and they quite suit my front grip)

Best Feature: Amazing grip! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review as always, dont know if you should throw those at a dart board or use them as a weapon lol
I like to do both Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The Judas Priest edition.
Another dart I would love to try :-)
Great review once again !
Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice Pics ,,, Great review,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as ever. +1
They do look like instruments of torture.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Super nice review as usual Darren! I wish I have the patience and skill to do such quality reviews.

PS: Yes gumbo2176, that ain't meat tenderizer!
Cheers guys, yeah Edgar they take a while and it can be tiring but its enjoyable too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another superb review Darren, and the good news that they come in soft!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I've held these before since I like grippy darts, but it was always on the further end of my list since it's essentially a straight dart. Maybe I'll move them up a bit after this review!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I like the knurling grip - I will be interested in how these hold up and their impact to flights over time.
Cheers guys, the grip is something else Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Those look like they would tear the hands off you lol
Absolutely stunning pictures and review again. The quality of the machining to produce them is remarkable too. Look like a lot of fun for sure
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers! Yeah I thought they would be lethal too when I first saw them but they are certainly grippy but it a different kind of way to what I was expecting Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 362 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 562 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 255 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 36 6,089 06-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 375 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM
  Shot Zen Satori Darts Review Getagrip 12 406 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM
  Shot Zen: Budo Darts Review Getagrip 4 242 04-28-2021, 02:09 PM
  Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review Getagrip 9 2,452 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 467 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 654 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM