Double Top Darts.

Robson Plus Flights review Part 1

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQhIcdji1-M

I bought these Robson Plus flights a couple of weeks ago from A180 darts after hearing a few people mention how good they were, so I had to try them for myself.  

They cost £4.80 which is quite expensive but seems to be a trend for these moulded flights, I have not checked all the latest prices but these seem to be a little more than the Cosmo and a bit cheaper than the L style and almost twice as much as the Harrows Clic.  

You don't need any special stems to use these though, they will work with any normal stem even alloy ones.

I have decided to do my video review in 2 parts so will do the same here.  I wanted to explain about the flights first and then I will use them for as long as it takes for one of the flights to be no longer usable.  When that happens I will report back with the second part of the review.

I ordered what I thought was standard shape but upon getting the flights they are not the full normal standard but a small standard, no matter, I think it was my fault for ordering the green which is called N0 6 standard i.e. the small standard, the normal sized standard is just called "standard".

There is also a fantail version but I don't know of any other shapes but there is a few different colours as you can see in the link below.

Here is a link to the options available: Robson Plus Flights

The flights come in neat little boxes as below:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The features of the flights:

The flights are very easy to fit and stay on very well with a neat snug fit, I have tried them on some Target Pro grip stems and Unicorn Gripper 3 and it was a good fit with both, I think it was a little more snug with the gripper 3.  As I said above they fit on alloy stems too but there is a gap in the shaft cap as the alloy stems are thinner.

Although these are the small standard they are very close in weight to a normal standard flight and after checking the Robson website it states that the normal standard is 0.8g so very lightweight.

CONCLUSION:

Like I said above I have not finalized a decision on them yet but as with many of the moulded flights the big pluses for me are the perfect 90 degree angle the very easy insertion of the flights and the robin hood prevention.  The only thing I was thinking should be better is the built in flight protector, it is flat edged and I think it should be tapered.  Its also nice that the leading edges are reinforced as that is often an area that is prone to splitting and I also like the lightness of the flights.

But the question remains over the durability, the flights are not cheap but if they last well it could be worth the investment.  The unknown quantity is whether they improve your game or not, well I think that's hard to say.

I have used them for an hour so far and only had one flight pop off and never had to fiddle with the flights like I do with normal poly ones so for me that is a kind of psychological plus.  Its hard to be 100% certain but I think the darts seem to have flown a little smoother but I don't really know if my accuracy has improved much more.

I obviously need to play with them longer so will report back in the second part but even though I have had a short time with them the tops of the flights have got a little raggy so far but no major splits and I have decided to throw them with the Unicorn Neon 2 as above which have a fairly edgy ring grip.

So lookout for part 2, at present I like them but will see how it goes! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 added Sunday May 8th 2016:

Ok I have used the flights a lot over the weeks since I did the first part of the review, at least 30 mins a day and sometimes more.  So here is the results of over 40+ hours use:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPMKEIDr...e=youtu.be

Here is a few pics to show the state of the flights from a few weeks ago when I did the part 2 video but I have actually carried on using them even though they are much worse now, but they are still flying well!!!!

I was using the flights with my Neon 2 darts and as you can see the tops are quite mashed, I think the tops got raggy very quickly for me but it was a good few weeks before I put a split in from the leading edge, I think the tops could have done with a similar re-inforced rib like on the leading edge but not sure how that would affect the flight/weight of the flights.

I think the durability on the whole is very good but it probably depends how your darts angle into the board and how the darts sit up, if your more of a flatter hard thrower and your darts lie flatter I think you will probably get more damage on the leading edge.

But for me I have liked the way the darts have flew with these flights on and I am still using them even though there is now big chunks missing of some of the wings lol!

So I will definitely be buying more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Glad you took this review on. I was curious how they might work. If they work on alum stems will "Saber" go back to alum?
Looking forward to part two no doubt.
Well I heard he has a secret stash of alloy stems so you never know Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review,,,, Ya I agree the jury is still out about the durability,,,,, I have bought all 3 sizes and still have not settled on a setup choice on any set of darts and shafts,,,,,,,Like anything else darts related they are different and feel different to throw,,,,and that is not a bad thing,,,,,, just different,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review again Darren,
I tried a set of these and I found the reinforcement on the rear wing edges restricted the visibility of the target bed and I found it really off putting and they also landed tail down which I have never had before with any flights how do they land in the board for you compared to your usual tail up angle
(12-13-2015, 04:44 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Thanks for the review,,,, Ya I agree the jury is still out about the durability,,,,, I have bought all 3 sizes and still have not settled on a setup choice on any set of darts and shafts,,,,,,,Like anything else darts related they are different and feel different to throw,,,,and that is not a bad thing,,,,,, just different,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!

I should get the normal size standard really, as that is what I use most often but I think the ones I have a pretty good so will see how they last Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-13-2015, 04:47 PM)dave2604 Wrote: Great review again Darren,
I tried a set of these and I found the reinforcement on the rear wing edges restricted the visibility of the target bed and I found it really off putting and they also landed tail down which I have never had before with any flights how do they land in the board for you compared to your usual tail up angle

Thanks mate, I think the darts are landing a little flatter than my usual but as they are normally at quite an angle its still ok for me.  Also my eyesight from the oche is not that good that I am restricted by the flight anyway lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very good and informative review. I like the system that they have developed here, so you can use any shaft and aren't restricted to flight specific shafts. As with all moulded flight systems the price point is still the major turn-off for me. In saying that though I look forward to part 2 of your review to see how they last and how you get along with them. Cheers again Getagrip
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Delighted you are reviewing these as they were grabbing my attention.
But they are very expensive. At that money they need to be WAY better than a standard flight.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thanks guys, I have had almost 3 hours worth so far and while I like them they are looking a bit more raggy on top, so I am not sure they will last much longer really.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

What darts are these on the first full set-up picture??
Target Adrian Lewis pixel 21 gram short pro-grip shaft standard flight 100m slotlock
(12-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Parappo Wrote: What darts are these on the first full set-up picture??

These ones: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=16384

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-15-2015, 01:02 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Parappo Wrote: What darts are these on the first full set-up picture??

Jeeeees what a nice darts. Seems to fit me perfect either. Have the same grip, prefer a barrel around 6.5-6,8mm and the barrel lenght around 47-50 mm. Going to contact Tony with the link of this review. Thank you for the reply!!
Target Adrian Lewis pixel 21 gram short pro-grip shaft standard flight 100m slotlock
I've been using my set for around a month now and whilst I really like them they haven't held out like my L-Style flights used to. I use lightweight darts with storm points so damage should be minimised. However although they hold their shape very well, where my L-Styles used to just get a bit scuffed around the edges, these have chips out of the wings and two flights have tears in them.

I should have a couple of sets of SuperTrues coming today and I will see how they go!!
(12-15-2015, 01:43 PM)Parappo Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 01:02 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

Jeeeees what a nice darts. Seems to fit me perfect either. Have the same grip, prefer a barrel around 6.5-6,8mm and the barrel lenght around 47-50 mm. Going to contact Tony with the link of this review. Thank you for the reply!!

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-15-2015, 01:45 PM)dannyd180 Wrote: I've been using my set for around a month now and whilst I really like them they haven't held out like my L-Style flights used to. I use lightweight darts with storm points so damage should be minimised. However although they hold their shape very well, where my L-Styles used to just get a bit scuffed around the edges, these have chips out of the wings and two flights have tears in them.

I should have a couple of sets of SuperTrues coming today and I will see how they go!!
Yeah I have just noticed a slight nick on the middle near where the flight goes over the stem, I think there is a lot to like about them but I don't think they are going to hold up well for me and at the price its too much, shame really as I also used to be a fan of the L style when they first came out but they were about £2.25 then and now they too have increased in price.

Think I will try some of the supertrue flights also.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I've been using them since the start of the year, and for me they are lasting ok. About the same as L-style.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Traj AK8 Flights Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 5 257 10-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Robson Plus Flights review Part 2 Getagrip 15 8,501 04-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Condor Axe Flights Review Improved Version Getagrip 10 783 04-05-2020, 11:54 AM
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 11,929 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Ten X Darts Flights Review Getagrip 10 1,458 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 4,496 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,443 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
  The Treble Trainer Review Part 1 Can This Help You Throw Better Darts Getagrip 0 1,593 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 16,183 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Unicorn X Flights review Getagrip 45 19,022 12-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: dsiegel