Darts Buddy

Target Wayne Mardle 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axdGDpHNck

I bought these recently from Madhouse Darts using the forum members discount, so it cost me £44 delivered.  Here is the link to them: Mardle 22g darts

When I was looking I was not sure whether to get the 24 or 22 grams but everyone seemed to be out of stock of the 24g so that decided it for me and 22g it was, but I think it was probably better to get the 22g as its a little shorter.

The darts are 90% tungsten with 2 nice section of pixel grip and a rainbow ti coating in the middle and on the pixels which Target have names Prism coating.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box with see through window and are ready assembled in a foam insert.  Supplied with the darts is some short Pro Grip stems and some nice new Hawaii 501 Target Vision flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are a straight barrel dart and the centre section is made of a standard rings style grip, there is 2 sections of pixel grip either end which is made up of wide and thin rings.  As you can see the darts are very colourful and the pixels are like shiny little jewels which is very nice the way the colours show.  I would say the grip is pretty close to high level on the pixel sections and about a high medium in the middle although the edges are quite defined so I think its grippy but may wear down after a little use there.

DIMESNIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

The difference between lightest and heaviest barrel is just six hundredths of a gram so pretty good:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel is quite front weighted, I think the rear is drilled fairly deep:

With the supplied set up the balance is moved closer to centre, may be a touch in front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE:

I will explain below but in the end I settled for this set up and grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

With the above set up the darts were landing close to my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

When I first seen pics of these darts I was not so sure about them but after seeing them on release I changed my mind and really fancied trying them.  I think they do look very nice especially with that Prism coating and the way it plays about in the pixels like multi coloured jewels sparkling away!

I know not everyone is keen on Pixel grip but I don't really find it a problem and quite like it, I would not say its my favourite grip but I do think its pretty good.  I can see why some are not so keen as it does feel a little clingy when new but I think its also good to have an assured grip.

I was really expecting the darts to work well for me though and although they were not terrible at first, I did hit too many T1's in the vid though, I think something did not feel quite right for me.  I was gripping quite close to the nose so all my grip was on that front pixel section and it was not feeling right, I don't know why but balance and the dart in general just felt a bit off for me.

Throwing from around the centre the darts felt a lot better to throw but as its not my natural grip I cant take advantage of that, also when trying them from the rear it was not too bad either.

This is a straight barrel dart and should usually work well with all grips but I was not sure why I was not feeling it with my front grip, I'm sure Mardle is a front gripper too?

So after doing the video I played around with the set up and at first I tried medium stems but that was worse!  Eventually I settled for the setup shown above, intermediate stems and pear flights.

That made quite a big difference and I was throwing much more accurately and hitting my targets better, I am puzzled though as I never would have expected that set up to work that much better!

I still think overall they are not working as well as I had hoped but they work so much better with that set up that I think if you have a similar issue then definitely don't give up and play around with them for a while.

The darts never seemed to have any issues in flight that I noticed it was more just a feeling personal to me that was not right, I was a bit peeved really as they are a great looking dart and I wanted them to work for me so much better.  I am still going to give them a bit more time though as I think another slight change may give them the feeling I need Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 9 (Like the colours and the classic look with a pixel twist )
Grip: 8.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 9 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (fine)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (needed a little work but its may improve a little more yet)

Best Feature: Looks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Darren. Looks like nobody have the Green-Blue in them, both mine are the same
may all the doubles be with you

(12-09-2015, 09:00 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Great review Darren. Looks like nobody have the Green-Blue in them, both mine are the same

Thanks Fred, come to think of it I am not sure I have seen any one with them either?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review mate. I'm not too sure on mine. I can't get a consistent enough rhythm with them. I'm in 2 minds whether to sell them or not as they don't suit my grip at all. I bought some winmau snipers a couple of months ago and they are amazing for me. Probably the best I've thrown tbh.
Great review as always Darren. Thanks to your pictures they are defiantly one of the best looking darts out there IMO.
BUT....., they will not replace my trusty Harrows Wayne Mardle 501's . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Nice review. Still have mixed feelings on the looks of these darts lol They seem very well made and high quality, cheers
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Always looking forward to one of your new reviews :-)
(12-09-2015, 09:17 PM)MichaelLFC96 Wrote: Nice review mate. I'm not too sure on mine. I can't get a consistent enough rhythm with them. I'm in 2 minds whether to sell them or not as they don't suit my grip at all. I bought some winmau snipers a couple of months ago and they are amazing for me. Probably the best I've thrown tbh.

Well I have played around with the set up more than I normally do with a set and have got them working much better, I was keen to improve with them as I do think they look good and I have started liking them more now, still not perfect for me but so much better than when I first got them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-10-2015, 04:33 AM)The G Wrote: Great review as always Darren. Thanks to your pictures they are defiantly one of the best looking darts out there IMO.
BUT....., they will not replace my trusty Harrows Wayne Mardle 501's . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks G, your making me want to try the Harrows version now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-10-2015, 11:47 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Nice review. Still have mixed feelings on the looks of these darts lol They seem very well made and high quality, cheers

Cheers!  Yeah I was not sure when I first seen pics of them but having them in the flesh I think they look great!

(12-10-2015, 12:08 PM)pOLLEPAP Wrote: Always looking forward to one of your new reviews :-)

Thanks mate, got lots more to come still, some sets I have had for over a year and still not got round to reviewing, may be some longer than that too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review Grip , i want these
(12-10-2015, 01:22 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Another great review Grip , i want these

Thanks mate, treat yourself for Chrimbo Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice rewiev but chizzy pixels feels a lot better when these
Good Review, Tossing up between these and the Carrera C13s....
Thanks for another great show Darren. I wasn't too keen on these at first but the review and your impressions on how they felt have me now wanting another set of pixels to go with my Chizzy set. I like the dimensions of these so they may work for me
Cheers guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as ever +1.
A pixel grip is on my to try list. But these do look great but a bit blingy for me. I'd have to be extremely good before I would take these out down the pub!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 290 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 377 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,375 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 897 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 1,013 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,110 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 999 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 451 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,837 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 908 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM