Unicorn

'O' Ring Tool????
Have you got one of these ingenious tools?

Maybe you're thinking of getting one?

Simply do as I do simply slide the 'O' ring down the stem from the flight end......too easy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

That's what I used to do until I defected to plumber's tape. With nylon stems, btw.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Got one, don't use it, gone nylon.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What do you use to fit in O-rings for M3 type in case you don't have an M3 applicator?
(12-09-2015, 01:23 AM)majeek Wrote: What do you use to fit in O-rings for M3 type in case you don't have an M3 applicator?

What a weird set up :s  ... 4BA size threads too? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ......never seen these before and personally I'd be surprised if there are many members who use them because you're forever locked- in to their stems types only.

My question / solution was aimed at the vast majority of darters who use standard 'O' rings on normal shafts not the M3 hybrids.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Oopps sorry. I was hoping you also have a creative solution to this too. The tiny O-rings supplied with the M3s I have snaps being too thin as I roll it towards the barrel thread that's why I am into plumber tape as well on this. I tried using 2BA O-rings but when I tighten the conversion point, part of the rubber sticks out and becomes so annoying.
I have one but I find it quicker to slide them over the stems too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I might sell mine to Larry for his alloy stem collection, I heard he cant get enough of them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hadn't even thought about sliding over the stem, good idea Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
I've got one. I use it but I didn't think about sliding over the stem...
For larger rings, sliding over the stem works fine.  But as others have noted, this type also tends to stick out a bit.  Smaller diameter rings (which fit more or less seamlessly), tend to stretch and distort when applied in this manner.   One of the reasons I stopped using metal stems.  Although I do keep a few O rings around for those who might need them...
I must have put hundred o rings for mates either on their stems or conversion points and I believe I'd be much quicker with my bare hands than you with the tool :-) Just buy a pack of 30 yourself and try it on your own. Once you manage to put the first six rings on you'll find out how to do it too...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  number ring jammy1889 18 574 03-29-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Phil D
  O ring alternative Noj 17 1,473 04-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: hamo
  Ring Grip Darts Jhat 12 3,565 03-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Jhat