Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Board Care - Wetting?
Idle chit chat during league play and one of the older players said he lightly sprays his board with water every so often to keep it in tip top shape.  Said it keeps the fibers moist and makes them last longer.  Any truth to this?  My understanding was not to do this and just rotate frequently.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Ayup AD

No no no.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As Shed said no do not do it.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

A damp board will soon become a mouldy board so I agree, no spray just rotate now and then.
Nooooooooooo!!!!
I will join in too:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That is a NO!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lol
Unless your in an extremely arid climate but only then it would want a very fine misting to prevent it drying out completely, I think some of the folks in Texas do it in the summer but it is something I would not recommend doing too much even so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Boards thrive in consistent environments. Wetting them makes them swell, then they contract when they dry. This repeated process causes bulging and heaving.

So as said above, No.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Well.....guess it's pretty much unanimous, shall not do itGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(12-08-2015, 06:26 PM)Gada Wrote: [Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc]

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Good one.

Or even this one:

[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Damping a dartboard is a bit like telling the Mrs she is gaining weight. Don't do it EVER!
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I reckon there's no problem at all in giving yer board a regular christening especially in flat beer or cider, that way it always smells nice...(just like entering a pub, early on a Sunday morning Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

Here's mine...... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It also makes it easier to get a bull too 'cos its 2" nearer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Seriously 'board wetting' is like 'bed wetting' .........definitely not a good thing to do  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  

Good Luck
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(12-08-2015, 04:42 PM)AD18 Wrote: Idle chit chat during league play and one of the older players said he lightly sprays his board with water every so often to keep it in tip top shape.  Said it keeps the fibers moist and makes them last longer.  Any truth to this?  My understanding was not to do this and just rotate frequently.

Wikipedia reckons that "waterboarding violates Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions" so that's probably another reason not to do it.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)