Target Darts.

aluminium dart stems.....
I read somewhere that Aluminium dart stems are recommended for darts 24g and over as it offers more stability through the air due to it being slightly heavier than nylons. Has anyone heard this or seen evidence of this in their game.... i personally like throwing with alis... but find the unscrewing and bendability of them annoying... what says you
Larry is the perfect person to ask when it comes to aluminium stems, his love for them is well-documented. Someone direct him to this thread. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I've never heard this before.
I use 24g amberjacks and use ali stems the coated ones from red dragon and they are brilliant
How do you keep the flights in them? I always have my flights flying out. I quit using them because I had to carry a set of pliers with me to bend them back in shape when they bent from a robin hood.
They seem tighter with the coating thats on them
Aluminum stems are the worst thing a serious player could ever, ever use IMO. Someone direct him to the thread please .
hell- here ya go https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...hate+metal
Seriously now. I hadn't looked at this for awhile and it went viral. 12 pages!!! But you're 100% correct on the use of alums.

I just had an idea for how to use them outside of the dart world. maybe a person could drill holes in a fence post then pound them in with the threads on the outside. From there they could be used to fasten bird food? Just an idea
The trouble is that because of the position which i grip my dats the Harrows tiger (see link) https://www.harrowsdarts.com/catalog/sha...ack-shaft/ feels better than the nylons...... Harrows however has a speedline ( https://www.harrowsdarts.com/catalog/sha...ine-black/ ) made of nylon but they are not available here in Ja
Metal stems bend. If you use them, roll the barrels on the edge of the table/bar. You'll see they aren't straight.

Plastic/nylon are cheaper... They don't bend, and they are flat out better.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I started out with aluminum myself. One I went to nylon (or carbon) I haven't looked back. I still have a bunch of alum. stems that I give to other players when they invariably break theirs.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

As stated aluminum bend, my suggestion is the Cosmo Fit Shaft Slims or the Fit Shaft Carbon Slim, well worth it. Last forever, especially if you use Storm Points or Tridents! A bit pricey up front but well worth it in the long run. Also buy the spinning shafts as you can make them into non-spinning if you don't like by just wrapping the end where the flight goes on by saran wrap!
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
I too started with aluminium stems as I assumed they'd be better than nylon.  It was only after trying nylon deflectagrips on the basis of what people have written that I realised that they (nylon) were not only cheaper but better.

Never had a single issue with them.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Aluminum stems SUCK! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminium EastKentTom 12 552 02-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Stems for Jr dart throwers that have a ton of misses, bounce outs. Elusive Dream 14 724 09-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  What a fantastic deal! Lucky Dip Aluminium Stems for £5 :) Humdinger 4 661 05-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Aluminium stems without the hole? Sultan Pepper 6 1,094 04-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  Do stems affect the flight of the dart? Cs_89 10 2,360 12-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl