Target Darts.

BBC Boots BDO Darts
Sorry of this topic has already been raised but I noticed this in the news please see attached links

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-...ot-6960617

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl...-2016.html

Thoughts?
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

It was always on the cards really, pretty sad and typical of the BBC.

They will fill it with some crap like another strictly or the voice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
the problem comes down to money v ratings i think. the bbc are having to slash their services due to budget cuts. i guess they have to decide what to cut and what to keep. also worth remembering that they have lost the Voice too to ITV. they simply cannot win in a bidding war, so they have to concentrate on making their own shows, which they can then hopefully sell the rights to. shows like Dr Who, Strictly and Top Gear bring in huge revenue streams for the bbc as they sell the rights to literally hundreds of countries. Hopefully it will be picked up by another channel, either BT Sport or Eurosport i guess
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It is sad to see any darts being lost from 'free to air' (although there is a licence fee). ITV is doing a trojan job keeping darts on air for families who cannot afford a subscription sports package thus keeping darts in the public consciousness.

The BBC have been losing interest for years with their coverage of Lakeside being poor. Apart from the weekends they show an hour early evening and then some more around midnight with some more available via the red button.
The BDO have failed also to change quickly enough to make their sport more professional looking. The standard of darts is excellent with just the whole packaging and feel of it letting it down.

It will be interesting if BT sports do step in as their football coverage is top notch IMO (much better than Sky, I think). If they do they will want it be more professional looking to give Sky a run for their money. I doubt they will have Bobby George sitting in the bar area on a stool as their analysis.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Will have to wait and see
180-1(33)

Sad day for the tradition of the world championship, good opportunity for BT sports Imo, they could do a good job of showing the BDO and the great product it has to offer.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
if BT take on the BDO will this change the BDO for the better perhaps causing a bit of a battle between Sky and BT?

Will BT improve the coverage quality resulting in a more attractive BDO?

This will be inetresting

But for me the most important thing is that the BDO lives on. I fear for the BDO

Possibly, would be good if they do.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-08-2015, 09:58 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Possibly, would be good if they do.

late reply

I'm missing out on loads of lakeside this year thanks to the channel changes

I love the lakeside as well!

I'm Annoyed at the BBC for getting rid of the Lakeside. I'm not into most sports but always loved the Darts and it's a bit of tradition to watch just after Xmas. Not everybody can afford buy to view TV(me). I know the bdo is second class Darts now ,but as a lover of the sport Darts is Darts whatever the skill level.
The bbc will be showing live coverage of a new pdc event in Cardiff called the champions league of darts as of September so this was bound to happen
I was a bit annoyed when they shared it with BT Sport and I missed half the games, fair enough if it got extra money for the BDO but I suspect it was more about BBC cuts.

Does anyone know if BT Sport are going to be showing it all now? Or indeed any channel?

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Stems:  Pro-Grip Short.
Flights:  Standard, variable designs.
Yes I think so acid, over the last couple years bbc were showing the afternoon sessions and bt the evening sessions, now I think bt will be doing full coverage

Looking forward to the champions league of darts though, the motorpoint arena in Cardiff has a cracking atmosphere