Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Mvg interviews
Anyone else notice how van gerwen always makes it a point in an interview after a match to state that he was the better player lol. I have heard him say it in a lot of interviews, i just think its funny thats all haha
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
Could almost make a drinking game for a van Gerwen interview:

Drink for every time he days he was the better player 
Drink for every time he says "[opponent played well, but]"
Two shots if he says he's not happy with how he played 
Down the drink if he says he's the best in the world 

Any more suggestions? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(12-06-2015, 01:43 AM)jo$handaz Wrote: Could almost make a drinking game for a van Gerwen interview:

Drink for every time he days he was the better player 
Drink for every time he says "[opponent played well, but]"
Two shots if he says he's not happy with how he played 
Down the drink if he says he's the best in the world 

Any more suggestions? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

lol you are spot on there, still my favorite player though

if I drank I'd play that game lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Yeah I notice he does that often but then its usually true Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Love the idea.   Reminds me of the old "Hi Bob" game that was popular when I was a young man.    If any of you remember the "Bob Newhart Show" you will understand how it works, if not, here's a small tutorial on the history of the game.    

It became a fairly frequent event on that show for the cast to say "Hi Bob" to the show's star when they ran into him.    When that happened, you had to take a drink of whatever was designated for the show by the participants.   Of course I vaguely remember variants like pulls on a joint instead of shots of liquor, depending on the crowd you were hanging out with at the time.

MVG does say the above phrases quite often and more times than not, he seems to be tooting his own horn.    The guy has a significant lack of humility from many of the interviews I've seen.
(12-06-2015, 03:23 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Love the idea.   Reminds me of the old "Hi Bob" game that was popular when I was a young man.    If any of you remember the "Bob Newhart Show" you will understand how it works, if not, here's a small tutorial on the history of the game.    

It became a fairly frequent event on that show for the cast to say "Hi Bob" to the show's star when they ran into him.    When that happened, you had to take a drink of whatever was designated for the show by the participants.   Of course I vaguely remember variants like pulls on a joint instead of shots of liquor, depending on the crowd you were hanging out with at the time.

MVG does say the above phrases quite often and more times than not, he seems to be tooting his own horn.    The guy has a significant lack of humility from many of the interviews I've seen.

I think its his poor English that makes him seem cockier than he is, i could be wrong.

(12-06-2015, 01:43 AM)jo$handaz Wrote: Any more suggestions? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I haven't seen any interviews with him as of late, but the ones I've seen always seem to include: "what can I say?"
"If I play my game then I will win" is another favourite of his! I think it is simply because he is oozing confidence at the moment, knows the number 1 and truly believes that if he plays his best no one will beat him. Not a bad mindset to have at all - a winning mindset
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(12-08-2015, 01:14 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: "If I play my game then I will win" is another favourite of his! I think it is simply because he is oozing confidence at the moment, knows the number 1 and truly believes that if he plays his best no one will beat him. Not a bad mindset to have at all - a winning mindset

Yep, kinda hard not to be like that when you just CANT lose

Did anyone else read these comments to themselves trying to imitate his voice...?
LOL no, but I do that sometimes Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Jase83 Wrote: Did anyone else read these comments to themselves trying to imitate his voice...?

Yes and it was disturbing!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
(12-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Jase83 Wrote: Did anyone else read these comments to themselves trying to imitate his voice...?

Of course, I find it impossible not to lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Yeah, but I still couldn't understand what I was saying and decided I needed subtitles.