Shot Darts

Stymied
Why, oh why!?????????!
I seem to suffer from "tentative throwing syndrome" when playing 3 man team darts. By this I mean, while playing singles (or in warm ups) I am able to go strong to the board. When I am playing team darts I "lob" the darts at my target and experience less than stellar results. I know this is a mental issue(not wanting to let the team down etc). Do I need a sports shrink? Lol Anyone experience the same type of thing? If so, what did you do to overcome it?
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

It sounds more like a rhythm issue than anything else.  When throwing by yourself or against a lone opponent you are able to establish a better rhythm and when playing with more people your struggling to find that rhythm because of the delay?  Maybe during practice give some extra time between throws so you "practice" throwing with more of a lag between throws.
yeah it sounds like a rhythm thing to me too
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Rhythm for sure.
Your just trying to be as awesome as me Butkus lmao
(12-02-2015, 11:33 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Your just trying to be as awesome as me Butkus lmao

Shaddup!  I shot 139 to leave you 32 and you screwed it up! You suckedclast night!! Lol
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16

I have had this and not put it down to rhythm (although maybe it is).

I am by nature a fairly light thrower but I have found that there are times in the league when this crosses into Tentative Throwing Syndrome (TTS).  It seems to stem from early high throws when the adrenaline is pumping.  I warm up normally...step up to the oche and launch one high into the 20 bed... or even into D20 or out of the board.  The adjustment I seem to make is to throw softer and then I can't get away from it.  It's not so bad on the 20's but has disastrous consequences on the doubles.

I haven't felt this for a while as I have worked hard on the practice board and have developed a conscious throw which I can fall back to if needs be.  I'll see how it stands up next season!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(12-03-2015, 01:43 AM)PBanz Wrote: I have had this and not put it down to rhythm (although maybe it is).

I am by nature a fairly light thrower but I have found that there are times in the league when this crosses into Tentative Throwing Syndrome (TTS).  It seems to stem from early high throws when the adrenaline is pumping.  I warm up normally...step up to the oche and launch one high into the 20 bed... or even into D20 or out of the board.  The adjustment I seem to make is to throw softer and then I can't get away from it.  It's not so bad on the 20's but has disastrous consequences on the doubles.

I haven't felt this for a while as I have worked hard on the practice board and have developed a conscious throw which I can fall back to if needs be.  I'll see how it stands up next season!
That is exactly what happens! I will launch one high into the double 20 or off the board. If it is about pace it may also be about release point, adrenaline or the tides(probably not, but you never know)
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16