Harrows Darts.

2BA tap size?
Hi All
Could anyone tell me what size tap I need to reem a 2ba dart?  I have one dart that the conversion point won't screw all the way in. The soft tip does screw in. I've tried multiple tips. It's in the dart thread. 

I'm hoping it's a size I can buy at the local hardware store. 

Thanks in advance.
2BA
may all the doubles be with you

Lol. I know it's 2ba. Is there a tap size that is the same in America or metric numbers.
Thank you. I think I broke my tooth trying that last night. I'll try it with a vice next.
I was looking for a 2ba tap and die recently and most hardware stores hadn't heard of it. Nothing could replace it either (M3, M4, M5, etc). I had to use eBay in the end.
https://www.a-zdarts.com/search.aspx?keyword=tap

If I were you I would let Lathe Guy fix them for you. Contact him for price quotes.
I just ordered one from A-Z. Cost me $85 once I started adding flights and stems. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Figure it won't hurt to have.

I do need lathe man to modify my darts, actually. But, I'm having trouble letting go of the darts for a few days.
This is weird. I gave my messed up dart to the gf. She screwed her Target Silver Titaniums in it without a problem. I have Target gold titanium with grooves in the point.

I told her that dart won't except my tips. She gave it back and my tip went right in.

Is that what you meant, Ancient? If it was, it worked.
Christopher, Chardotz is simply screwing your mind! Don't believe what he says! Don't take it literally.

He realized he needs something like a lubricant for his brain - Lol!
2 BA is 2 BA it is not a dependent as an imperial or metric size, there would be 3 taps available, a starting one, a taper, & a plug would be best suited with this as the thread has already been formed, this has a full thread right to the end & is designed for cutting a thread in a closed end hole so the male thread ( stem, point etc can be screwed in right to the thread end
(12-01-2015, 09:59 AM)majeek Wrote: Christopher, Chardotz is simply screwing your mind! Don't believe what he says! Don't take it literally.

OOU ... i see. Guess i wasted my time then. What would you suggest he use to lube his brains?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-01-2015, 01:30 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 09:59 AM)majeek Wrote: Christopher, Chardotz is simply screwing your mind! Don't believe what he says! Don't take it literally.

OOU ... i see. Guess i wasted my time then. What would you suggest he use to lube his brains?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm not sure what you guys mean. The dart wouldn't fully take my gold titanium tip until after my GF screwed in her Target titanium silver tip. Before that, none of my tips would go in to that one dart fully.
Okay I got it. She's on top of the situation then so let it be!

Problem solved. Check your shafts. Maybe there's something wrong with it and not your barrels!
Hmm ... ok, glad that everything got sorted out.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CHEERS everyone!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The guy that works the lathe for The Dart Guys, a vender at the tournys here in the U.S. said he only uses a Greenfield 10-32 nf available through MSC. I use them and never have any problems. It's not the same as the 2ba but it's close enough.
Shoot well and often