Shot Darts

dart stands?
just a quick question as i have recently moved into a rented flat was wondering what the best stand is , as any video i have watched with a stand there is a noticeable wobble on the stands. so my query is would the better option be the over the door straps .. or bite the bullet and fit a board to the wall and hope i don't get in trouble for it ..lol
I would agree that all of the stands I have seen are a bit twitchy.  However, that will not affect your scoring as the board will settle down and not be moving when you throw.  It is a bit annoying though.

I would "bite the bullet" and mount the board to the wall.  It is only three small screws for most brackets and you can easily cover them with caulk when you move.  This is harder to do if the walls are wooden.  In that case, I would probably opt for an over the door system like the one from Unicorn that comes with a case, the straps, a board and an oche measuring device for a pretty reasonable price.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

all the stands wobble, board on the wall is best but I think its still ok using a stand as said above it settles down but I guess if your a very quick throwing it may not have time to settle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Mount dartboard on a wooden board hanged on the wall using tough adhesive picture frame hangers.
thanks guys some great ideas never thought of the adhesive hangers  on a wooden board great ideas  thanks a bunch as i am missing my practicing as going down the pub to practice starting to cost a bit haha
I'll be giving the Winmau Xtreme 2 a shot soon (Christmas)--it looks good and has a "wall stabilizer" that just rests against the wall to, in theory, stop wobble.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"The world's just people walking around, going into rooms and saying things." -Peep Show
(11-30-2015, 05:18 PM)majeek Wrote: Mount dartboard on a wooden board hanged on the wall using tough adhesive picture frame hangers.

Beat me to it Majeek!!---did a variation of this at my shop...works ok!
I use two fence tie brackets and hang my board on my door.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
I have used the dartsmate, Gorilla Tripod stand and the Dartboard door system and the Dartboard door system out of the three I found best.
I use the tripod https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dartbo...sRgv7PM%3A. £45 on eBay. Does have a slight wable but I honestly don't notice it. Most annoying thing about it is it does gradually slip down so you will need to adjust the height now n again.
Im currently using the gorilla stand and find it pretty wobble free. Only gripe is I've rounded off one of the clamp screw on back.
I built my own stand hardly any wobble.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
(04-03-2016, 01:22 AM)TNSIN Wrote: I built my own stand hardly any wobble.

Pictures please ....  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
We built a bunch for the league. I will take a pic next tournament we do
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
I just received the gorilla stand with bag with it ...and its on its way back on Monday morning as not fit for purpose .. as why should u have to modify anything when bought brand new ..just wobbly bracket on back and cheap plastic fixings aint good enough .