Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

I need help with throwing straighter darts
I constantly throw scores of 45 or 41 and I am desperately trying to get more consistent with throwing all 3 darts straight. Any tips for me or anyone else who has this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Aww the bane of the dart player old or new. Practice throwing at the double twenty instead of the triple for a few weeks. This will help your follow through and consistency later on. Good luck. Ps be sure to line your elbow up to the target , no hopping or head movement.
Thanks I will be sure to practice this next time.
Just for the hell of it - throw some rounds at the trip and count your total marks. Then do the same aiming at the double. Let me know your results. Add all hits up single double or triples . Example throwing at doubles you hit 3 singles thats 3 - throwing at the trips and u hit 1 single thats 1 of course.
Can you do a video of your throw to show us?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I will try the next time I go to practice.
(11-22-2015, 04:22 PM)PC462000 Wrote: I will try the next time I go to practice.

Nice one, it always help to see a persons action Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Practice. Assess. Patience. Determination. Improve. Fun. 

Have you been on those G2s eversince? Are you comfortable with your grip? Are you comfortable with the tuning? Are those darts landing properly on the board?
(11-22-2015, 04:30 PM)majeek Wrote: Practice. Assess. Patience. Determination. Improve. Fun. 

Have you been on those G2s eversince? Are you comfortable with your grip? Are you comfortable with the tuning? Are those darts landing properly on the board?

I've been using them for a few months now and they feel great in my hand and go in the board perfectly so I will hopefully be sticking with them for quite a while
(11-22-2015, 03:56 PM)PC462000 Wrote: I constantly throw scores of 45 or 41 and I am desperately trying to get more consistent with throwing all 3 darts straight. Any tips for me or anyone else who has this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I would say that not all 41/45 scores are created equal. If I hit one and the 5 or 1 dart is right on the wire then I don't worry too much. Just like if I hit a 60 with darts on the right side of the wire. These darts (for me) are quite well thrown so which side of the wire they land has an element of luck to it. One thing I have noticed recently is pattern whereby the first and third darts are tightly grouped with the second a bit off. This happens if the first dart doesn't find its mark and I have to adjust to throw the second.

Do you find that the dart that misses is the same one each time, that is, the first, second or third thrown? Or does it vary? I personally find that I have more bad darts when I get my brain involved than when I just throw (easier said than done). For example, if I hit single 1 then single 20 a little part of brain is thinking about the 5 segment for the dreaded 26....and what happens next is that I throw it into the 5. I sometimes do the same after 2 single 20's where I think not to hit a 1 or a 5.

When I'm throwing well and confidently then I don't have these thoughts. This tends to lead to a well-thrown dart.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
What you are seeking is vertical precision. Once you practice to attain this skill and CONFIDENCE you will be able to grow exponentially.

First off ... let's practice vertically and not concern yourself with triples and doubles ... let's practice vertically.

Here's how I would do it if I were a newbie and had PATIENCE.

Look at the width of the outer single BULLS ... they are the width of a triple and this is the level of precision you need to gain. Now imagine parallel lines from the outer Bulls going up to the triple outside wires of the 20 and the 3.

Your goal is to shoot 10 in row within that area ... (psst Aim at the bull and accept when then drop on go higher).

Next .. make it 10 x 2 ... 10 x 3 .. 10 x 4 in row. Learn and develop your vertical acuity. 

Report back ... and tell me your findings .. what you learnt .. what was difficult .. what was easy. 

Wax on .. Wax off ... Grasshopper
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
What I was doing once a good time back was throwing 6 darts all the same or close in size and weight at the 20 - 3 grid. Start at the bottom and work each dart up the board just over the preceding dart. Once to the top I'd fall back down the ladder. Just to practice getting them in a line it worked for me. Good luck

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  throwing darts info dazzer 6 401 11-17-2019, 07:23 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  throwing darts from stationary position whippet0 2 369 07-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  Elbow/shoulder problems caused by throwing darts Flight Tenor 4 2,619 06-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Problem with throwing 19 g darts The Bullet99 16 4,507 04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  How to throw a straighter dart: Strategy perspective BigE 3 1,385 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Banz