Double Top Darts.

How beginners should practice scoring
This is a great practice game that can suit all playing levels and can especially help beginners improve their scoring.

1. You have 10 visits to the board aiming at the T20.
2. You set yourself a target of the amount of straight darts you want to throw
Beginner-1
Intermediate-2
Advanced-3
3. For every visit you throw the amount of straight darts you set your target to you get 1 point.
4.Try and get at least 6 points out of 10 so that you are reaching your target scores the majority of the time but you can set this target as high or low as you want.
5.Enjoy.
Definitely a nice tip. Thanks for sharing and welcome to DNF.

What kind of darts do you use and where are you based at?

Can you share a short intro of yourself? Thanks!
(11-22-2015, 04:01 PM)majeek Wrote: Definitely a nice tip. Thanks for sharing and welcome to DNF.

What kind of darts do you use and where are you based at?

Can you share a short intro of yourself? Thanks!

Hi, I am based in Ireland using Adrian Lewis G2.
I've been playing for about 2 years and still love it as much as when I started
There's a section dedicated to Flight School here. Perhaps you would be interested in taking the course. Try reading some of the postings there on that section.
Sounds good, thanks for posting Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'll give it a go. Looks like fun. Thanks and welcome to the forum
nice post...also tons if infos here at the forum,..enjoy and welcome to NUTZ... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
(11-22-2015, 03:47 PM)PC462000 Wrote: This is a great practice game that can suit all playing levels and can especially help beginners improve their scoring.

1. You have 10 visits to the board aiming at the T20.
2. You set yourself a target of the amount of straight darts you want to throw
Beginner-1
Intermediate-2
Advanced-3
3. For every visit you throw the amount of straight darts you set your target to you get 1 point.
4.Try and get at least 6 points out of 10 so that you are reaching your target scores the majority of the time but you can set this target as high or low as you want.
5.Enjoy.

What target you want does not matter. The idea to "shoot straight" is easier with the 20, because the segment is vertical, but you could hang a plumb bob in front of the board anywhere.  "Going straight" is "keeping your line".  Your weight may vary up and down, but you want to eliminate side to side variation.  

You can score marks using different widths of flights/lengths of shafts and how far from the line the darts land.  

A beginner may be +/- one med shaft away from the line -- or a whole dart length, depending on what you want. 
An intermediate may be +/- one  shaft of whatever size you choose.
an  expert could be the width of a narrow flight placed over the line. 

Then for a beginner, you can say one dart in the area gives you one drill mark.  An intermediate would be two darts, and expert would be three darts.

Just something to help "find the line".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 15 3,307 02-25-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: LouDog29
  Beginners average expectations Jason Gourley 27 8,226 01-05-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Jackgist
  my way for beginners part 10 nightcrawler 14 2,731 02-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player *Saber* 140 69,049 01-06-2020, 12:43 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Darts General Orientation (Dartsnutz University: Beginners Level) guest2 17 10,520 02-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Useful Bobby George video for beginners. Boneshaker 11 1,512 11-29-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  my way for beginners part 3 nightcrawler 11 3,326 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  my way for beginners part2 nightcrawler 13 3,264 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kavel
  my way for beginners part 1 nightcrawler 19 5,338 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Godfather4074
  my way for beginners part 8 nightcrawler 9 2,362 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving