Shot Darts

Adrian Lewis Gen 3
I won a set of 23 gram Gen3's and have finally thrown them enough to do a review. 
I'll start out with saying I have thrown Target Orion 24 gr for a little over a year. I use short shafts and pear flights. 
On to the Gen3's:
First impressions. The grip was less grippy than I anticipated. Don't get me wrong, they aren't slick, just not as grabby as I assumed they would be. 
First couple of throws were all over the place. Couldn't find where I should grip them. I started with the stock shafts and flights. Then switched to short shafts and pear flights. This made no difference. I out them down for about a week and came back to them. 
This time I had moved my grip further back and went to in between shafts and standard flights. Everything started clicking. I got into a groove with them and I really love the way they come out of my hand. My distinctions were much grippier and didn't release as clean.
I have made these my match darts for the time being. I skipped all the pics and packaging info, as Titan already did a great job with that. 

Grip (how much)-7/10
Feel-8/10
Quality-10/10
Overall-9/10

They might not be for everyone, but they are working for me. If you like longer darts give these a try. They are also cheaper than I expected.
I want to like these ,but haven't took the plunge yet.
Not impressed with the fact that Adrian Lewis isn't using them . There is something not right about a player who doesn't use the dart he endorses. Ya, I know Ade isn't the only Pro who doesn't .
Doesn't sit right me is all.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thanks for the review, good to hear your thoughts.

I have a review upcoming when I get chance but I found the grip to be quite grippy, although your score of 7 is about right overall I think, its kind of around the high medium level but I think a lot depends on your skin and the way your finger print ridges interact with the Nano grip and how you grip too.

Its something that surprised me as the Nano grip Buntings felt slippy but the rings of the Gen 3 are shaped in a way that I felt the Nano grip was having more effect for me.

On the whole though I was not sure which I prefer most the gen 2 or gen 3, not made my mind up on that one yet though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I agree with your thoughts on the Buntings.
As far as Lewis not using them, I think Target sells so many darts because they have a new pro line every year whether the pro wants it or not. I imagine if you are comfortable with last year's arrows you would just continue to use them.
Target love a gimmick dart
As do many dart throwers.
May try them in the future as they are my sort of barrel, glad you are enjoying them.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I bought a set but didn't like them as much as I thought I would. My friend bought them from me and loves them. Different strokes for different folks (literally) lol
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
Try carbon 260 shafts and shape flights. That was my magic hookup on mine.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
(11-22-2015, 02:14 PM)b the v Wrote: I agree with your thoughts on the Buntings.
As far as Lewis not using them, I think Target sells so many darts because they have a new pro line every year whether the pro wants it or not. I imagine if you are comfortable with last year's arrows you would just continue to use them.

Maybe at least one pro changes, but they don't have a new dart every year for every pro. I haven't been watching a ton of darts, but Chisnall doesn't have any new darts out right?
I been throwing my Gen3 for about a month now. I like them alot. It took me also time to figure out how to hold them so they fly true but now there is no problem. As for Chizzy he has a pixel grip set out now that he does not use...?
It´s out for a while but i never saw him using them.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

How would you rate the grip levels of each of the 3 generations of Jackpot darts? Based on appearances, Gen 1 seems aggressive, Gen 2 appears to be high medium and Gen 3 appears to be medium.
Nice review

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TITAN REVIEWS - Target Adrian Lewis Gen 3 21g Titan 37 16,659 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: HapBilko