Double Top Darts.

For the love of the game
Hi All 

I unfortunately have become a victim of not letting the dart go this has been the case for around a year. Is this dartitus or a mental state of confidence I dont. So I called time I was a reasonable player most of the time 57-65 avg but could barely hit the board.

I lost any love for the game I even stopped following the fan pages and watching the game. I thought by cutting it out I would somehow learn to play again. 

A year down the line I still cant play. But my hunger, drive and desire for the game is back. The GSOD really gave me a boost seeing old faces made me enjoy the game and makes me now want to get past this 'bump in the road'.

So my question for you lovely ladies and gents any practice games etc to genrally improve my game (beginner level)

Mucho Love Shane'O'
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts - Phase 5 lp edition, Sigma titanium slikstiks and custom Kite flights

Best 501 - (practice) 14 darts (competitive) 14 darts (WDA) 19 darts

High out - (practice) 170 (competitive) 106 (WDA) 110
I think dartitis is different and personal to everyone and it does sound like you have it sadly.

I think I have had a spell of it and I think it comes and goes with me in spells but I think before I let it develop fully I decided to stop playing for a while and when I returned I started back incredibly gradual, just throwing a few darts each day, may be no more than 6 or 9 then slowing increasing that from there. But people have all different ways to deal with it and it can be a long drawn out battle that you may never fully win. I find for me I get bouts of it when I start to over focus on trying to be super accurate, my fingers don't seem to open up and the darts will fly out my hand at strange angles and sometime its like my arm has just totally stiffened up and I am like stabbing the dart trying to throw it and it will miss the board entirely or just hit the floor.

When I get those moments I just stop playing and don't throw for a few days, then come back and just try to throw as relaxed as I can at no target in particular. Its frustrating but it is all in the mind really, learning how to relax the mind and let everything just flow is easier said than done for some us but its what we must try to do.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New darts- want to love them but... Brad Yates 5 868 04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Dmott