Shot Darts

Big games Good fun games poor
Just a quick one.

I'm playing well for my pub team but I'm not claiming to be one the best players but I'm winning legs here and there and I'm very pleased With my standard of darts. I'm picking out the high scores and cleaning up pretty quickly. won 40% of my matches this season which is not bad considering the standard of player in my league. Even why i do get beat I'm making them work hard for it so that's a good thing as well. 

However when I go to play in muck about matches with mates at work or at home I always play really bad and get beat pretty heavily it cheeses me off and the standard I'm getting beat by us not great. 

does this happen to anyone else?

I seem to perform amazing for my pub team and crap when it's a muck about game

what could be the cause of this?
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

I think it`s over confidence and lack of focus...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Agree with Nivla - probably overconfidence and lack of focus.  To combat you could setup some standard in game targets you want to achieve.  For example:
I want to be 300 points or under after 9 darts - to an out after 15 darts - and finish whatever out was left in 9 darts at most - This way you have something to focus on other than just beating the opponent.
Lack of practice.

Everyone plays worse at league than at other times.  The exception happens when you don't practice enough.  The Muck about games ought to be played better than the pressure games.  And regular practice should show even better performance than the muck about games.
(11-16-2015, 03:07 PM)BigE Wrote: Lack of practice.

Everyone plays worse at league than at other times.  The exception happens when you don't practice enough.  The Muck about games ought to be played better than the pressure games.  And regular practice should show even better performance than the muck about games.

I seem to do the opposite though..Playing well for my team and in cup matches but terrible in the so called "friendly's" Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-13-2015, 05:21 PM)nivla Wrote: I think it`s over confidence and lack of focus...

I think you are spot on mate

I was playing a friendly against my father on friday night and he is class and I mean CLASS at darts

I played well against him and i felt the focus of my game was part of why i player well

Strange game darts

I still lost but I played really well

I think i switch off sometimes during the so called fun games

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dean Winstanley has had focus issues from time to time?

(11-24-2015, 08:33 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 03:07 PM)BigE Wrote: Lack of practice.

I seem to do the opposite though..Playing well for my team and in cup matches but terrible in the so called "friendly's" Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That's a sign of lack of practice.
Are you trying to hard to impress your work mates etc, show them how good you are ? I think that might be partly my issue, but my form suffers at league matches, I think I might be so keen to show them how I can throw that it maybe backfires.
I'd say focus aswell. I have the same problem,practice fine,matches fine but friendly games I'm more often than not stone useless and loosing to people who don't even play darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. very hard to concentrate when playing with friends and its not a competitive game
180's in 2016 so far - 29
180's in 2015 . - 119

Highest out this year. - 117
Highest out 2015  - 170

Highest Checkout - Practice 170,Match 152

Best 501 - Practice 10 darts,Match 13 darts

Darts used - Red dragon Invicta 97
(01-09-2016, 11:02 AM)steve1 Wrote: Are you trying to hard to impress your work mates etc, show them how good you are ? I think that might be partly my issue, but my form suffers at league matches, I think I might be so keen to show them how I can throw that it maybe backfires.

Yeah It could be I don't want to be a "talker" I want to be able to show what i can do

Starting to play better now though.

(01-09-2016, 01:51 PM)Daithi Wrote: I'd say focus aswell. I have the same problem,practice fine,matches fine but friendly games I'm more often than not stone useless and loosing to people who don't even play darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. very hard to concentrate when playing with friends and its not a competitive game

This is true it's not the same is it? 

You want to win but there's something missing from inside that fires you on in the games that count but what is it thats missing that's what i want to know?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This might sound daft, but... How are 'best of' games calculated with sets and legs? DuffMan 4 226 03-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Last Post: DuffMan
  My games getting worse, any tips Skillphil0514 11 1,063 01-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Last Post: notoffee
  Good in practice, poor in competition Ed180 9 680 12-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Practice Games for T20 liam_winnard 5 533 06-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  replicate home practice throw in public/games lennon909 8 1,085 11-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: lennon909
  Advice: Handling Drunks, Cheats and Poor Sportmanship Grey Owl 29 6,152 06-06-2016, 02:56 AM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Any new doubles games PC462000 3 862 11-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dorian
  Advice: Part II ... Handling Cheats, Drunks & Poor Sportmanship Grey Owl 6 1,881 02-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Playing 01 games trekbowl300 4 1,086 12-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  Weird & Different Games brenthahn 12 6,491 08-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Mac Aindriú