Unicorn

dartsphemy :(
Hi guys! I really need some help.. I like so many other players, am experiencing dartitis.. before I got this it was really easy to hit those trebles and doubles.. I was close to my dream of being sponsored.. 

till one day I decided to relax and I got busy for 2 weeks without a dart in my hand.. Then suddenly, I was shocked to losing my grip.. having an awkward crooked throw with no consistency.. another problem was on one visit I get to hit good and the next is far off from the previous visit.. 

for weeks and months I've been trying to practice but I find my arm easily tired.. my finger locks from time to time.. some muscle in my elbow feels sore.. and i can't even grip the dart good ..

till now.. I'm still trying hard to get my game back.. Its like I'm suffering without any improvements.. sometimes it makes my cry to think a dream i could reach is gone.. 

I really need help guys.. please send me tips or coach me.. thanks a lot to those would respond.. I appreciate it..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is some reading that might help:
https://patrickchaplin.com/Dartitis.htm
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

i went through slash am currently going through but coming out of the same problem. I take it you have only been playing for about a year or so. I have the exact same syndrome and here is the honest truth i figured out, take a break. This happens to almost everyone, you start off doing really well at the game for a year or so and then you hit a slump and cant figure out how to get out of it. Just dont burn out your arm, take a day off or two and just start over remembering the fundementals, you will improve trust me, i used to hit atleast one 180 a day and then for like 4 months i didnt hit a single one because i took time off from the game. Keep it smooth and straight and if your arm starts hurting..... STOP. Its annoying i know but it gets better. Any other questions message me. I beleive i might be able to help you.
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
Sore elbow? Stop throwing.

All you are doing is further damaging your arm and your throw.  You will compensate for the soreness and your throw will change for the worse.

Pick it up again in a month or more and start slow. No big volume of practice.

How do you know you were close to sponsorship?   Which tournaments have you won?
If i have problems ,and I cant release dart .I say quietly to my self- Backward  when I pull dart back. and Forward to throw and release it.You can say Go if you want.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
maybe you just need to take some time off...might get worse if you force it...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
1. If you are injured , Big E is right, you will need to let it recover.
2. Injuries and set backs are a normal part of growth as an athlete in any sport. Champions heal, persevere and pick themselves back up.
3. Once you are sure it is not an injury issue, then next best thing you can do is, while in competition, throw all your hopes and dreams out the window, yup, that's right just forget about them! Why? Well because while they may provide overall motivation and might spur you on in practice, they are by their nature future oriented, and in a competition, you want to stay in the moment, and in your self, playing your game, without ANY thought to outcome, what it all 'means' or what anyone thinks.
"If you have one eye on the goal, that means you only have one eye on the path"
4. Always forgive yourself for mistakes, even the terrible ones that loose you games..in fact ESPECIALLY those ones!
5. Loose and relaxed= great performance.
Definitely have a break if its some kind of physical condition causing the problem but you will need to have that sorted and out of your mind no matter what first.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album