Harrows Darts.

Worries on the line
Ok Folks.

I think I need some good ole fashioned talking to.

Currently playing the darts of my life ... Thinking WOW ... and practicing for a Big Event this weekend.

Suddenly my results during league play has been disappointing to say the least.

I am losing my concentration and am inwardly doubting my abilities while in league play and worrying about not losing or playing poorly. It's like this PASSION of Darts has become not fun but rather something other. I don't trust myself.

So ... I need to enjoy the game and perform.

As you can plainly see ... I need the  advice of other DartsNutz like me.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
I think it's probably that you are putting to much pressure on yourself because you have an event coming up (I have the same issue sometimes)

Setup up some practice routines that you know are EASILY achievable for your and something you can do consistently - focus on the basics - grouping, scoring, and doubles  - by setting the standard low you can give yourself a confidence a boost and a sense of accomplishment for reaching your target.

The darts will come - trust yourself -

(easier said than done sometimes - I know)
Well, not knowing how long you've been playing, and at what level your skill is, it is hard to make suggestions appropriate to your situation.   But, I'll give it a bit of a shot.

From your post, it sounds like you are practicing well and having good results and not so much when in competition.    I'm seeing performance anxiety being an issue and the more you miss, the more frustrated you get and that creates ongoing problems.  . The problem feeds on itself and in my experience the only thing that helps with this is to play more, and to play the best competition you can find to push yourself to do better.   Sooner or later your game will come around if you are serious about improving and have what the Brits call "bottle" enough to handle the pressure.

To me, darts is like any other endeavor that requires skill-------some folks have the ability to do well, some don't, no matter how hard they try.
Hi. I can tell you hard truth . You will NEVER be a world champion . So there is no need to get frustrated about your game. Trying to hard will lead you to suffering.Playing with happiness is the only way look at Adams. Happy player plays good darts. Not the other way around
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great advice everyone.

Later today, I am watching another stand up comedian act on TV or a comedy and stop taking myself soooo seriously ... and play the game for the joy of doing my best and not focusing on winning so much. Also I am reminding myself to smile on the oche and of course behind it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
looks like you forgot the golden rule in darts... HAVING FUN ...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
(11-13-2015, 03:52 PM)nivla Wrote: looks like you forgot the golden rule in darts...  HAVING FUN  ...

I thought that golden rule was drink like pig
180-1(33)

(11-13-2015, 04:00 PM)Troll Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 03:52 PM)nivla Wrote: looks like you forgot the golden rule in darts...  HAVING FUN  ...

I thought that golden rule was drink like pig

Ha ha ha...thats after you lose...nothing more to do but to get drunk... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting over the finishing line Balin 10 1,584 03-13-2016, 02:54 AM
Last Post: copigme