Harrows Darts.

Poll: 125: what would you do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bull-25-Bull
13.64%
3 13.64%
25-T20-D20
63.64%
14 63.64%
18s
18.18%
4 18.18%
15s
4.55%
1 4.55%
Josh, you idiot, I know a better way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

125 - how do you do it?
This thought occurred to me earlier today and thought it might make a good discussion topic.

Let's imagine it's your throw and you have 125 left. Your opponent's just had a great last throw and now has 3 darts at tops to win the set. What do you do?

Bull-25-bull is a popular route (a lot of pros try to go this way), and I think it's logical as a miss into the 25 still leaves 100. However, I'm not great on the bull myself and miss it with dart 1 a lot, ruining any chance at an out.

I would personally go 18s or 15s. These are the only numbers where a miss into the single will still leave an out (125-18 = 107 which is T19-bull and 125-15 = 110 which is T20-bull). A treble on either will leave 71 or 80 respectively.

But what would you do? Would you go a different way? Is there a different way to the ones I suggested? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Let me know. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
bull 25 bull
25 t20 d20

also little tip...work on your bull throwing!!!!

knowing when to go bull to leave 116 instead of 121
96 instead of 101
76 instead of 81

also comes in handy when on 271 - t19 s19 25 leaves you 170
275 t20 s20 25 - 170
272 t20 s20 25 - 167

will give you better chances in legs
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
t-20 t-15 D10
Which is bigger, the centre circle or a treble?. Got to be Bull or 25 for me ie; 25 T20 D20 or Bull T17 D12. I agree with Spartan too, if you are weak on Bull then you know what to do PRACTICE THE HELL OUT OF IT!.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I always go 25 t20 d20.
I would never go first dart in t18 or t15 becouse if you hit yours target still need another tripple to get dart on double.
(11-11-2015, 08:15 PM)kadziunt Wrote: I always go 25 t20 d20.
I would never go first dart in t18 or t15 becouse if you hit yours target still need another tripple to get dart on double.

Haha good point Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. i wasnt clear. You still need smaler target to get dart on double Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
There's only one way... all others are superfluous if you want to compete Hard on the Oche.
I picked 25-T20-D20 but would do T20 first, then bull, then D20
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(11-11-2015, 07:17 PM)jo$handaz Wrote: Let's imagine it's your throw and you have 125 left. Your opponent's just had a great last throw and now has 3 darts at tops to win the set. What do you do?

For the people saying they would go at the T20 (Saber, Titan) did you not read this part? The opponent is sitting pretty on an out.
(11-11-2015, 07:58 PM)*Saber* Wrote: t-20 t-15 D10

Me too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Has to be a pop at the bull first with the opponent on an out. A miss into the 25 still leaves T20 for tops.

For me your top 2 suggestions are kinda the same and determined by where the first dart goes - if bull then stay there for 25 and bull or if 25 then swicth to T20
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

If doing 15 route Then T15 D20 D20
180-1(33)

25 start every time is the only way to do it.
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
(11-11-2015, 11:29 PM)Cyanide Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 07:17 PM)jo$handaz Wrote: Let's imagine it's your throw and you have 125 left. Your opponent's just had a great last throw and now has 3 darts at tops to win the set. What do you do?

it`s Bulls 25 Bulls for me...been practicing...but before i throw,i`ll tell my opponent that somebody is looking for him and i think he`s angry...lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai