Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Bulls Fighter Yeon 21g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9W8uIhFUYQ

This is a review of the Bulls Fighter Yeon soft tip darts, these are 21g so a bit closer in weight to most peoples steel tip preference there is also and 18g version.  As with the other Bulls Fighter darts they are made in Korea and designed by Darts Korea.  The Yeon is another players model as you can see on the Bulls Fighter site here: Yeon 21g

As with the previous Bulls Fighter darts I have reviewed the darts are of a very nice high quality and are 90% tungsten and retail around 118000 Korean Won which is around £70 depending on exchange rate: Yeon darts at Darts Korea

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

As with the others in the Bulls Fighter range the darts come in a hard metal case which has a card outer sleeve with the Bulls Fighter story on the back. The metal case has a silvery cloth outer with the Bulls Fighter name and inside it has a top soft plush section and harder velvety lined bottom section for the darts. These are lovely cases and definitely give the feel of something of a quality item.

The darts are fitted with white soft tips which I believe are Ultima soft tips and the stems are white nylon with spring clips and I are tweenie size. Included is a set of Bulls Fighter standard see through flights in a pale transparent green with slot pre-punched for the rings.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As with most Asian branded darts the darts are set for rear grippers with a smooth tapered front then the definite area of grip on the rear preceded by a kind of sloping ring.  So you have a nice grip at the rear with that sloped part making it nice and comfy and at the same time giving you something to push against but making the release nice and clean.  The grippy part is kind of in between a high medium and almost a high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Once again I have to repeat myself and say that Bulls Fighter have done another amazing job at matching the barrels, they are perfectly matched AGAIN!!!!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With just the soft tips attached the balance is about central:

With the supplied set up it moves a little rearwards:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

As I have probably said before although the darts are seemingly made with a rear grip in mind, they are not that long a barrel so I was ok gripping at the front on the smooth tapered section but could move them closer to the centre without too much of an issue in throwing:

BARREL IN REVERSE:

CONCLUSION:

As per usual the quality of the darts is up to Bulls Fighter's usual standard of extremely well machined barrels that are perfectly matched weighted.  The tungsten is also if a very high silvery shine (check out the video above) but sadly I was experimenting with some new lighting when I took these pics a few months ago and I think it was a little overpowering the camera so the pics did not come out as well as I had hoped so I do apologise for that  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think quality is something that we expect to see from Bulls Fighter now after having experienced so many sets of such a high standard so it is really more about how the darts feel and who they may suit best.

Its nice to see a soft tip set in this weight from Bulls Fighter though and that is good for those of us who like that little more weight but I would still love to see a few models suited to a front gripper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As I said above the barrels being as short as they are means they are not to bad for us front grippers but the main and only grippy part is at the rear and I don't think its something we can moan too much about as they are designed to suit a specific player after all so its a moot point really.

I found the darts easier to throw than some of the other soft tips I have reviewed mainly because of the slightly heavier barrels I think but on the whole I was kind of expecting to do a little better with them than I did, not sure why but I just thought the weight and the shape would have suited me a little more.  I think they threw ok with my grip near the front and a little better closer to the centre but I was not as good with them as some of the others I have tried.

When I tried just a little past the centre the balance was improved but I was still not throwing them well, again its further from my natural grip so if your a natural centre gripper it could be fine.

Surprisingly for me when throwing from the rear grip the darts were flying quite flat, its usually the opposite and they often kick up more.  But I think I did better than expected gripping from the rear so should be great for you natural rear grippers.

So no doubt its a dart that will suit a rear grip but some centre grippers may like it too and if your a front gripper I am not so sure, you may be ok if you move your grip up a little but on the whole I don't think it will be quite so good for us fronties Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (looks good)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 10 (superb quality)
Value: 8 (not cheap but great quality darts)
Suitability for me: 6 (was ok but not as great for me as I was expecting)

Best Feature: Top quality again! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've never even held a soft tip dart so your review was an eye opener for me. I would find the sound of the board distracting. You seem to have mastered the feel of the dart quite nicely. They are nice looking darts for sure.
Thanks for your review another win for us to enjoy
+1
Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always !
(11-11-2015, 07:53 PM)pOLLEPAP Wrote: Great review as always !

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren as usual mate.
Thanks Larry, pics should have been better though, but was trying some new lighting, think exposure was set wrong for it though, gone back to my old set up now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as ever +1.

Quote:As with most Asian branded darts the darts are set for rear grippers

This is something that puzzles me a bit.  There are a few asian brands that might tempt me but practically all have rear grip.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

great review Darren!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Thanks all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top review and you are too critical on yourself about the pictures - they are stunning once again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Quality machining from Bulls Fighter, however a lot of the barrels are a variation on a rear grip theme! Nice to see a slightly heavier weight and them producing something new
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Baz, yeah would be nice to see some more for a front gripper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another "Top Notch" review,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks mate, glad you like it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,729 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,548 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,180 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 12 3,456 12-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,327 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,401 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,544 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,178 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Bulls Razor 23g darts review Getagrip 27 52,254 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zeffer
  Bulls Fighter Hyper Black Phenom 21g darts review Getagrip 11 12,876 10-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Akats