Double Top Darts.

Voks Oracle 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtT--ranMw

This is the Oracle model from Voks new 2015 releases. As with the other models they are a very unique design unlike anything seen before!

There is a wide variety of types for each model such as fixed point, soft tip, EL-C and Fulcrum points and the set I am reviewing here is the fixed point version which is 23g but its also available in 19, 20, 22 and 25 grams. They retail for $79 which is approx. £52 at present exchange rates. You can find them on the Voks site here: Oracle Fixed Point

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the Voks cardboard box which is closed by magnets in the lid and they are supplied with some Voks holo flights and some medium alloy stems, included also is a point protector and a little Voks wallet:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the darts have one of if not the most unique grips ever, its a bit like square nuts attached to the front of the dart. It is definitely a very grippy section of the barrel but the rest of the barrel is also quite grippy so overall a high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

The barrels are incredibly closely matched, two are exactly matched and the third is jus one hundredth of a gram difference, quite amazing with a dart with so much machining as these!

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance is slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I naturally gripped right on the NUTZ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Well there is no getting away from the fact that these are a very radical design and an altogether unique one at that. I think even the grip after the square like nuts is quite different too. The barrels as a whole have five combinations of grip with the unique nutz then some different sized rings with sloped sides then a kind of wavy knife edge grip then smooth sections and finally 2 protruding bevelled rings! An amazing amount of machining going into each barrel!

Trying to describe how those square nuts style grip feels is quite difficult though, it has a unique feel all its own and the best I can say is that it feels like a spikey scallop or like little holes with spikey corners, told you it was hard to describe lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But as strange as it looks and as strange as it feels at first it behaved rather well when throwing the darts. It was not sticking to my grip like I was expecting it too and released quite cleanly. The thing that struck me mostly though was not so much the grip but the nice way the darts flew with my front grip. The grip does take a little getting used to at first because it does feel different but the darts had a very nice arc to their flight and seems to work well with a front grip.

I tried throwing them from the centre and it felt not quite right while I was doing the video review and for some reason felt off but I have since tried them again and got a little more used to them and got them flying better from the centre. The darts seemed to fly flatter when I gripped round the centre though.

When I first tried the darts from the rear I had my grip on the 2 protruding rings and they had much the same nice arc as when I gripped from the front and on the whole they flew ok for me there, but as its not my natural grip it feels too awkward for me, but I'm sure a rear gripper that likes a front weighted dart would like them.

I suspect the darts are more than likely aimed for front grippers generally but they have great grip section at the centre and rear so could be a versatile dart in that respect.

I could not quite make my mind up about the unique grip at first, it felt strange as to be expected and I think it takes a few throws to get a feel but then the more you play with them the more it grows on you and then you start liking it. I like the way it is easy to locate your grip without having to check with your eyes and also the way it feels grippy but easy to release which is what surprised me the most. Most of all though I like the balance of the darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hats off to Voks again for been so daring in their design but also for their amazing craftsmanship!

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7.5 (strange, crazy, unique, great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Grip: 9 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (near perfect)
Quality: 9 (excellent machining!)
Value: 8.5 (for the workmanship in these the price is very reasonable)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (got better with them the more I have played was tempted to score an 8)

Best Feature: Should say the grip but its the nice balance! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Fantastic review as ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very radical, probably too radical for me. But they look really well machined as you mentioned.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thanks JC! I just been throwing them again actually, they just seem to grow on you the more you play them, but they have a nice balance as I mentioned in the review and I think its that what keeps me wanting to throw them more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren.
Agree that this is another great review.  I find myself waiting for these like the next episode of my favorite TV show!

I know everyone really appreciates the time and effort you put into these.  Your reviews have certainly steered me towards or away from certain darts!

Keep 'em coming!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very interesting design. Thanks for stepping up to review these. I would expect these darts would go to a person that wants the feel of something very unique and a look unique as well.
We're all spoiled having some of the reviews on DN that we get pretty regularly
As usual the pics are great
Great review,,,,Killer Pics ,,, another Home Run for Team Nutz,,,,,,
Cheers guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Crazy looking and great quality it seems by Voks! Awesome review again bud Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks John Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

nice darts and great review! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers James Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think voks missed a trick here. The nutz section should cover more of the barrel so as to appeal to mid /rear grippers as well.
Awesome review of a very interesting dart! That front section is different to say the least! Brilliant workmanship from Voks to get the barrels so closely weight matched with so much machining on the barrels
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,191 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Voks Darts Reviews JayKay 6 3,139 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Harrows - Oracle 23g - Review vanJupp 20 3,929 11-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Last Post: holmesness
  Voks MMA 22g Darts Review 2018 Design Your Own Darts Winner Getagrip 27 5,877 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Voks Tracer One 23g darts review Getagrip 17 7,065 07-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  MMA Voks 22g - a comparative review MMA 15 1,557 06-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: MMA
Thumbs Up JW One 23g darts review the Voks 2017 Design a dart winner! Getagrip 28 8,734 11-24-2017, 05:31 PM
  Voks Cruzer 24g darts review Getagrip 5 5,063 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM
  Voks Hayabusa 19g darts review Getagrip 22 10,178 08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
  Voks Jagger 23g darts review Getagrip 21 26,133 06-17-2017, 09:16 AM