Shot Darts

Dart Club at my School
Hey guys, so this year i've started a darts club at my local high school (secondary school in the US)

We have about 20 members and have weekly meetings. We have enough sets of darts to go around and 3 dartboards.

A lot of these guys are beginners and have 3-dart averages hovering around the 31 mark.

What would be some good routines/good advice to give them.

The club (including myself) has about 3 members that can play at a competitive level, relative to youths in our area.

So any input you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First, kudos to you for starting a club at your school.  The US definitely needs more youth players.

I would say to start with grouping drills - not really caring where the darts land really, but just being closely clumped together -

Around the world is a great practice for beginners as it gets them shooting at all targets on the board

Bermuda / Burma road is a great practice game as well especially for beginners as its a game virtually everyone has a chance to win to the last number most of the time -

x number of darts at the bull -

x number of darts at the 20 -

Around the board doubles practice -

If you are playing actual matches you should try to pair the more experienced players with the ones that need the most help - maybe use some sort of seeding system.

I am sure others will chime in as well.

Best of luck with the club.
Flight School for sure. Its free.
This falls under the expertise of a good friend. Cankles of Fury. Where are you, Nathan?
Flight school is good - sign up, then share the info on the A1 and A2 drills....works for any level of play.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Best advice is to get them to join Darts Nutz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting a new Darts Club Aussie Kev 21 1,848 08-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Aussie Kev