Harrows Darts.

Madhouse Custom Darts Review. The S7!
Afternoon Nutz

I decided it was time to dip my toe in and order my own custom darts from Madhouse Darts. I'm a huge fan of Barney darts but also I am a fan of the purist grip (and before you ask, Aden Kirks are too light). I didn't have a design but sent an email to them saying I was after a dart based around the RVB Phase 1 with the following differences:

[*]1. Weight = 25g
2. Length = between 50mm and 51mm
3. Width between 6.8mm and 6.9mm
4. Purist grip along the entire length of the barrel but stopping 10mm short of the end.
5. Tungsten =90%
6. Points = 30mm gold storms (I would like the front of the barrel to be sized so, when storm points are fitted, it appears as a seamless transition from point to barrel?

They arrived in about 4 days after ordering and can honestly say...OMG!!! The cost was £49.99 (+P&P). They are bang on 25g and 6.90mm x 50.80mm.

GRIP: Of course, the purist grip is strong but I do like it. A definite 8/10. I also love the LP grip on the barney darts but I found after some serious usage that the grip does become worn. The balance point is pretty central:

And here they are with the rest of the Phase 1 boys. You can see the nose on the S7's is tapered more to fit the storms better and I lost the microgrip section because it serves no use to me:

PERFORMANCE: The all important part. At first I wasn't feeling the love too much with these as I was getting a lot of circling and dipping during flight. I tried different stem lenghts which didn't imporve matters. I was using Softflex medium stems so I swapped to supergrip medium stems and the differnece was incredible!!!
(Yes the photos show Gripper 3 stems but I only had one set of supergrips and I robin hooded one of them severely. But even these are perfect for my darts) The darts fly so much better and hold their line in the air with no sign of flight deviation. They feel really good in the hand and the purist grip instils a lot of confidence in my grip and release.

Also I tried seeing how the peform with differnet grips. As you can see in the next shot there was almost no difference in flight or how they land.
Top: Rear grip
Middle: Middle grip
Bottom: Front grip

CONCLUSION: Well what can I say? These darts are just perfect for me. I love everything about them from the looks to performance and I can never see me swapping to anything else. Obviously, getting custom darts is not something you should rush into because it is an expensive outlay (but worth every penny!!!). I got to a point in my darting life where I knew exactly what I wanted from a dart (i.e. weight, length, width, grip, etc.) so if you are going to order some then make sure you know exactly what you want. I am just so blown away about how these turned out from just a set of instructions I emailed to them. Many many thanks to Tony at Madhouse Darts for the great communication and end product. I cannot sing your praises highly enough! Many thanks for looking Nutz! Much Love.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very nice.  May they serve you well.
lovely looking arrows. I've said it before but if you want custom or modified darts, especially if you live in the UK, then for me Madhouse is THE place to go.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They turned out very nice indeed. As you say, if you know exactly what you want from a dart then customs is the way to go. I think I am getting pretty close to that stage myself so I may venture down this route in a few months.
Top work on getting the dart you want. May it serve you well buddy
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thank you. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

Great darts! They are like a straight barrel Armstrong.
Nice darts Ryan. well made Antony
may all the doubles be with you

Superb job Anthony, must feel great to be able to give people exactly what they want. Enjoy your very personally designed darts Ryan.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(11-05-2015, 10:13 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Superb job Anthony, must feel great to be able to give people exactly what they want. Enjoy your very personally designed darts Ryan.

Very rewarding Chris
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

Those look nice
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
I tell ya they are bad to the bone arrows - love them man. May thee force be with U !!!!
(11-16-2015, 05:59 PM)RyanPleau180 Wrote: Those look nice

They fly better than they look! A cross between two of my favourite darts: barney phase 1 and purist phase 2
Wow! Lovely darts you've got there! :thumbup: 
I like the Barney Phase 1 and the John Part Hero's a lot. These are a perfect mix of both darts I think!
- 23g Unicorn Barney W.C. Golden (atm) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
- Shot! Bandit Plus dartboard
They look fantastic mate.

I am getting very close to getting some custom made ones myself, just have to try a few short barrel sets first and then I think I will know exactly what I am after.