Harrows Darts.

Handicaps
Me and my crap girlfriend are playing in a handicap league. I joined it because I'm injured. I thought that I got a handicap. Not the way it works, I've found out. 

My question is this. She gets 7 marks in cricket. What should she take?  

I think your selection should be influenced if you're going first or second. 

If the other team is going first, I wouldn't take 2 20's. Be a waste if they hit a triple. Just my opinion. 

Anyone have advice on this?
The Handicap is based on your combined play rating weight versus the opponents. Thus the machine decides who among the team gets a "plus" after entering your rating codes supplied to you before tha match by the tournament organizer.

Either your opponent gets a free point on some numbers in Cricket or ahead points on 501 before game starts.

At first I hated the concept but in the long run it teaches me to  shoot seriously well in order to make up for the advance points they have and snatch the game at the end.

Advice? Just play sensible and work on a normal/usual strategy. It's only the points that they are ahead of. Just take it from there and move. In Cricket I score tremendously enough to go back and close the numbers that they own.

It's fun as it is more challenging.
(11-02-2015, 02:52 AM)majeek Wrote: The Handicap is based on your combined play rating weight versus the opponents. Thus the machine decides who among the team gets a "plus" after entering your rating codes supplied to you before tha match by the tournament organizer.

Either your opponent gets a free point on some numbers in Cricket or ahead points on 501 before game starts.

At first I hated the concept but in the long run it teaches me to  shoot seriously well in order to make up for the advance points they have and snatch the game at the end.

Advice? Just play sensible and work on a normal/usual strategy. It's only the points that they are ahead of. Just take it from there and move. In Cricket I score tremendously enough to go back and close the numbers that they own.

It's fun as it is more challenging.

You misunderstood. I know how it works. I was looking for suggestions if you got 7 marks in cricket. What seven marks would you take going first or second.
Wait - what electronic board is that because I was thinking of machine generated handicap system on units like the Shelti and Cougar. They assign the marks to take.
The machine lets you select your numbers. Which ones?
4 20's and three 19's if you're going first - if going second would be based on what the opponent shot -
(11-04-2015, 05:06 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: 4 20's and three 19's if you're going first - if going second would be based on what the opponent shot -

You cannot close a number with the marks. So, you can take 2 at the most of any number. 

You also have to select at the start of the game. Can't wait to see what they hit.
2 bulls - 2 19's - 2 18'2 and 1 17 -

Could probably take these 7 marks whether going first or second if it's blind -

I think you're right - just leave the 20's alone and stab at a triple the first time you're up by 40 points or more -

Seems like an odd handicap system though - The only other handicap system I have heard of gives the player a certain amount of throws first before the other player starts -
I appreciate the feedback.
Late to this post...but I play in a handi-cap league and have some insight.

I'd say this certainly depends on if you won the cork or not (going first or not).

Going first, take 2 20s and try to point on them with your first turn. If you lose the cork take bullseye since most games come down to the bullseye.

The rest of the marks probably depends on what you are comfortable with. I'm assuming the opponents are pretty good since you are getting 7 marks. Here is what I would do winning and not winning the cork:

Won the cork: 2 20s, 2 bulls, 2 18s (because I have issues with 18s), one 19.
Lost the cork: 2 bulls, 2 19s, 2 20s, 1 18 ... I'd still take the 2 20s in case they miss. If they close 20s I'd drop down to 19s and try to point if needed.

Most of the time the amount of marks is less...so it's more about 2 20s or 2 bulls...and to me that all depends on if you won the cork.