Harrows Darts.

Cricket question
Hi all. 
I have a darts cricket question and I hope I can explain it properly so I can get the correct answer. If I start and hit single 20, single 20 then triple 20 is the number open without points or would hitting the triple 20 with my last dart use one of the triple hits and then I score 40. Sorry for the stupid question but I can't really find any info anywhere. 
Thanks, Youngie
You will have 40 points after your throw.
I guess it's all in location as to how this is called. In my area, we consider all numbers "open" prior to the first darts thrown. If you are the first person to throw and hit 3 x 20, we say you have "closed" 20's. If, like you mention, you hit 2 singles and a treble on the 3rd dart, you have "closed" 20's and scored 40 points.

It now becomes incumbent on the opponent to try to do likewise, or better on another number, preferably the 19's. If your opponent throws 1 single and hits 2 trebles, he will have "closed" the 19's and scored 76 points. This makes you have to return to the 20's to take a points lead before attempting to get 3 x 19 so he/she can't score more points on that number.
I've read about different variations of the game, ha ha. Thanks for your quick response and help
(11-01-2015, 05:57 PM)Youngie_One Wrote: I've read about different variations of the game, ha ha. Thanks for your quick response and help

Lets say your opponent threw first: He hits 3 single 20's , he has closed 20's so you cannot score points hitting 20's But you want to close 20's so when your opponent goes to the oche again he will not be able to score points on 20's because you also closed 20's .

If your opponent hit more than 3 20's,,,lets say 5 hits on 20's he would have closed 20's and scored 40 points, therefore, your would have to hit 19's on your first throw and hit at least 6 to overcome his 40 point lead. So he would have 20's closed with 40 points and you would have 19's closed with 57 points.

The idea is to close all of the numbers and stay ahead in points scored, as you build up a lead a stray shot at bull will get you the win because you opponent will start to worry about Bull instead of regaining the lead in points and closed numbers.

Keep in mind when you close bull you get 25 points for the outer ring and 50 points for the red eye with each hit thereafter... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you want to learn a lot more about the game of Cricket, I suggest you try to find the articles that were written for a publication called "Bulls Eye News" many years ago by Tony Payne.

The articles are titled "Thermonuclear Cricket" and give an in-depth approach to the game. Of course it's geared toward the guys that are able to hit several marks per round, but it can be used by the casual player too as the strategy is basically the same, just on a different skill level.
(11-01-2015, 06:51 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: If you want to learn a lot more about the game of Cricket, I suggest you try to find the articles that were written for a publication called "Bulls Eye News" many years ago by Tony Payne.    

The articles are titled "Thermonuclear Cricket" and give an in-depth approach to the game.    Of course it's geared toward the guys that are able to hit several marks per round, but it can be used by the casual player too as the strategy is basically the same, just on a different skill level.

How about that, I remember reading Tony Payne back in the 1980's good reading... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-01-2015, 06:53 PM)Black Dog Wrote: [quote pid='248680' dateline='1446400271']

How about that, I remember reading Tony Payne back in the 1980's good reading... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

[/quote]

I use to subscribe to BEN many years ago, but with the advent of computers and almost real time results, it made the publication a non factor to me since it only came out a few times a year.   Reading about results 3 months after the events was a moot point by then.   

I believe it was some time in the mid 80's when he started writing those articles for BEN and I read them with keen interest.
Thanks for all of your help
The way I understand it is the initial 3 marks 'Open' the number (for scoring). Subsequent marks by you achieve scoring points until your opponent gets 3 marks on the number, thereby 'Closing' it. I think that is the terminology used in Tony's Thermonuclear Cricket articles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cricket Scenario Question - POLL Banned 23 2,850 03-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: kevmode