Harrows Darts.

Harrows Aero 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjqaG6EkxM

Another model from the recently released Harrows range of 2016 darts.  This is the Aero and like the other models there is two models in the range and three weights for each model, this model is available in 21, 23 and 25 grams, this is the 23g version.  They 90% tungsten with an RRP of  £29.05.
You can find more info on the Harrows site here: Harrows Aero

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

Darts are provided in the usual slim style cardboard box with a see through plastic window.  The barrels are fitted into a point protector and supplied with a hard Harrows plastic case.  There is a set of transparent blue Supergrip medium stems and the very nice Harrows Retina flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

These have quite a similar shape to the Atomic darts I recently reviewed but as you can see these are much less grippy, I would say on the whole its a medium but there is parts which are close to a high medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were exactly matched and the third was just one hundredth of a gram heavier so excellent!

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance moves close to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I felt these worked quite well with my natural front grip.  I was a little on the thin rings on the front and mostly on the smooth section but it was quite well balanced here:

Darts flew through the air a bit flattish yet landed in the board close to my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Although these darts were very similar in shape to the Atomic set I just reviewed these seemed to work a little better for me, I think its possibly because there is less cut from the barrel on these and they have a more solid feel around my grip and seemed to be slightly different in the flight with my front grip.  I was a little curious that when I tried the more central grip and expected them to work well they actually were all over for me.  Of course its not my natural grip but it was very strange as like the Atomic they felt comfortable and well balanced in the fingers around the centre but I struggled to throw them well. 

But a typical centre gripper may well be fine. 

It got even stranger when I tried from the rear and they actually threw well!!!  I still imparted my usual excess spin when throwing from the rear but the darts felt easier to throw there than the centre and kept a nice stable flight. 

Remember though I only try the centre and rear grip just to get some idea on how it may work for such grips, its never going to be a position I will throw well from.

So it is a little hard to say in the case of these darts, I was very happy with the way they worked with my front grip and I suspect centre and rear grippers should get on with them if you like a slightly front weighted dart.

The darts themselves have a nice solid feel about them and quality is nice.  If you prefer a more gripper dart though then the other model in the range is quite similar so check that out or even the Atomic grip version Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (subtle design but pleasing profile)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (Almost perfect)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (worked well)
Best Feature: Nice profile Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

P.S.  You will be able to win these in our upcoming Grand Slam Competition!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

thanks for yet another amazing review. your pictures really bring darts to life.

I like the new ranges they have released, but sadly the shapes are all very similar and would not work for me. the flights and shafts look really good though. although i am using their dimplex flights at the moment, i think i will get some Retina's to try.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Thanks Rich! I thought these were better for me than the Atomic even though the shape is quite similar.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yep.  Another GREAT review.  Really like the look of these darts.  I am a rear gripper and am liking my newly acquired Andersons, but the unique profile of these seems to make getting a consistent grip pretty easy.  Good price, too.  Crap.  Guess I will be adding to the collection.......again.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent review and pictures. Really like the look of these as well as the atomic model, but once again that smooth section looks to be where i'd hold it which is unfortunate as they look and sound like really top quality darts
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Baz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

These new Harrows Aero and Retina darts sort of remind of light sabers with their vibrant clear flights.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
Yeah I see that too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hello there,
got these darts since yesterday and i have to say that they hit the Board quite different then my Supergrips or Duzzas in 22 Grams.
It feels like they have a higher speed and the impact is higher.
I use tweenie shafts and dimplex flights on all of my darts, so the setup is the same.

Dont know if @getagrip recognized the same.
I throw from the front and I think they flew ok from the rear for me but not so great from the middle, front was about right but I cant remember now if they flew any faster, I dont recall them doing so.

Where do you grip?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I Do have a finger on the point, two on the middle and bottom the thumb. So front grip.
your thumb is at the front and 2 fingers in the middle?

Have you posted a pic of your grip?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I will post a Pic after work. Maybe i am writing it too confusing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
ok Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 35 10,498 08-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: JakeStiebs
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 12 1,106 08-16-2021, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 617 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,397 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 672 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 866 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 837 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,439 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,573 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 487 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q