Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Practice with a broken ankle
Hi guys,

I just broke my ankle and I can not put any weight on it for the upcoming 3 month. I can't use the classical throw stance then.

I was wondering if it is a good idea to practice seating or leaning on something, and what you will recommend as a training routine.

Thanks!
Fred

DODB: 31/12/14

Have darts, will travel!
(Western Alberta/ Edmonton Area)
Ouch!

I don't think you can do anything else if you want to throw still, you will have to do it sat down or not at all.

I would give it a miss though as you will have to get up to pull the darts out so probably best to rest it really at least for the first few weeks. Get well soon! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Damn sorry to hear that Fred. Don't think its wise to lean or sit throwing darts. However its a great time to memorize your outs. How ya break it?
(10-28-2015, 04:00 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Damn sorry to hear that Fred. Don't think its wise to lean or sit throwing darts. However its a great time to memorize your outs. How ya break it?

I was walking on uneven ground, then ankle snapped big time. Probably amplified the fracture when I tried to get up and walk again.

Guess I'll work on the outs then!
Fred

Have darts, will travel!
You should be the out master Fred at the end of this.
Join the WDDA league with Tormentor! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Seriously, take a rest so that the recovery period will be fast. You might adopt a different style of throw and habits if you force yourself from playing under your state. I don't know if that is good or bad.

For the meantime, send your Paul Lims to me so that they won't get rusty. Get well soon.
OUCH sorry to hear that Fred, I wouldn't play if I was you, it's not worth making any worse and as said gives you time to memorize those out, hope you get better soon
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

(10-28-2015, 04:48 PM)majeek Wrote: Join the WDDA league with Tormentor! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Seriously, take a rest so that the recovery period will be fast. You might adopt a different style of throw and habits if you force yourself from playing under your state. I don't know if that is good or bad.

For the meantime, send your Paul Lims to me so that they won't get rusty. Get well soon.

Have to agree with this. You don't want to compromise your existing throw by compensating 
for your ankle. Take a break . Tuff luck Fred...

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Ah that sucks Fred, tough one. As the others have said it's best to take it easy. Not throwing will be hard, but you need time to recover properly and fully. Good luck man
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

But if you needed to practice or play you need two things.

1) A person to retrieve your darts

2) a stool to kneel on thereby putting pressure on your knees and not you ankles.

Just an idea.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
Straight up, follow Drs orders on this... I had a spiral break above the ankle of both bones. Pushing it will lengthen the recovery big time. Really sorry to hear it - I've been there, not an easy row to hoe guy.
And stay off trampolines Fred lol
YOUCH! Sorry to hear about this, Fred.

Prolonging and possibly sabotaging the healing process is not likely a good thing.

I'd go with the guys who said take a break, become an Out Whiz Master, and might as well dive into the deep, dark realms of the Mental Game while you're at it!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Lots of good books on that one.

All the best and heal soon properly!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wow ,,, take it easy ,,,and get well soon,,,,,,
Thanks all for your support! Those 3 months will be long tho...
Fred

Have darts, will travel!