Harrows Darts.

Competition Practice routine.
I don't know if I have shared this on here before but never mind...

The idea of this game is to train the player to cope with playing in a comp without having time to warm up. I personally struggle with playing best of 3 due to the fact it takes me over 3 legs to get warm a problem many of us suffer from so try this out. 

(NOTE: you will end up pretty warmed up doing this after a while)

What you will need Russ Bray app...download this little gem.

Set the computer to playing level 1 (EASY LEVEL)

All you have to do is play the computer in a best of 3 legs of 501 situation and if you win then play the comp again but put it up to level 2 then 3 and so on. Now it sounds easy..if you get beat in any of these games you must go straight back to level 1 there are no second chances in the big bad comp world of darts. Earn the right to compete at the later stages. 

You can even add in targets of your own lets say you get to level 5 and get beat it's worth taking a note of the average you recorded in the game you lost in and should you return to level 5 again and get beat again then compare the average from the previous visit to take a measure of how you performed and it also gives you a benchmark to play with. 

Take a note of the stage you reached and try to break your own record. I can't remember my own record so I'm going to do it again and I will share it with you guys on here.
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

Good routine Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Interesting and definitely has merits. I especially like the competition element of it
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Love it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
how far have some of you made it?
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

Is this for the i phone and how much is it? Sounds perfect for me
Yes there is an iOS version available. There is a free version, but it is extremely limited. From what I remember the paid version is £1.49 - not showing me on my phone as I have already bought it! Just search Russ Bray in the app store and it'll show up
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(10-30-2015, 08:40 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote: how far have some of you made it?

All the tournaments I lined up are round robin BUT next month my tourney's are Best Of's ... Sooooooooo perfect time to put the Competition Training Practice plan in action Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
(11-05-2015, 02:34 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Yes there is an iOS version available.  There is a free version, but it is extremely limited. From what I remember the paid version is £1.49 - not showing me on my phone as I have already bought it! Just search Russ Bray in the app store and it'll show up

Thanks. £1.49 is quite reasonable. No doubt it will be well worth it.
(11-05-2015, 03:17 PM)Irish Scot Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 02:34 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Yes there is an iOS version available.  There is a free version, but it is extremely limited. From what I remember the paid version is £1.49 - not showing me on my phone as I have already bought it! Just search Russ Bray in the app store and it'll show up

Thanks. £1.49 is quite reasonable. No doubt it will be well worth it.

There are other options available, like pro-darter which is web-based, free and has more game options, but I find the russ bray one useful if I only have my phone or ipad and for £1.49 (if that is the price!!) it doesn't break the bank. Plus you get to hear russ growl your scores lol

(11-05-2015, 02:37 PM)Grey Owl Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 08:40 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote: how far have some of you made it?

All the tournaments I lined up are round robin BUT next month my tourney's are Best Of's ... Sooooooooo perfect time to put the Competition Training Practice plan in action Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Where are you playing next month?
Def will check out the app thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practice Routine 45 mins-1h / day alex_darts 2 520 09-09-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Robert Burns
  Match practice routine (set up +finish) Ricardo van Hemert 4 449 08-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ricardo van Hemert
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,985 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Simple practice routine - any new ideas? Spoonie 12 880 02-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Practice Routine Help Dave_79 1 463 02-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Texas
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,411 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Steve Beaton Practice Routine Miles Gallagher 4 936 11-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Banz
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,409 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 4,190 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  my practice routine Luke Gray 5 24,008 10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Quack94