Double Top Darts.

Changes to John Lowe's Throw: 1978-2008
A great video clip of one of the best throws in darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That is such a good action. So simple and no body movement at all
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Its very consistent and smooth, I just notice a slight change in his speed/tempo and very occasionally a little too much shoulder but on the whole its spot on Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Virtually unchanged in 30 years, effortless and flowing quality. Sid Waddel once said John Lowes concentration could burn holes in a beer mat!
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Zen...
nice. Very very nice!
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the share ,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.,,,,,, He really is a Model Player ,,, a simple technique,,, hard to master,,,,,,
A wonderful player. Cut my darting teeth with a set of Lowes. Only player to win a world championship in 3 different decades.
(10-25-2015, 09:51 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: A wonderful player. Cut my darting teeth with a set of Lowes. Only player to win a world championship in 3 different decades.

Funny how much more efficient he is at the end than at the start.  There is more body movement/shoulder at the start, then more elbow up/down then as the follow through becomes managed, more elbow sideways, then to manage the sideways movement, he changes his position on the oche.  

All points go to:  Follow through, mind your elbow, and stay still on the oche.
(10-26-2015, 05:18 PM)BigE Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 09:51 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: A wonderful player. Cut my darting teeth with a set of Lowes. Only player to win a world championship in 3 different decades.

Funny how much more efficient he is at the end than at the start.  There is more body movement/shoulder at the start, then more elbow up/down then as the follow through becomes managed, more elbow sideways, then to manage the sideways movement, he changes his position on the oche.  

All points go to:  Follow through, mind your elbow, and stay still on the oche.

If any beginner wants advice on how to set yourself up at the oche, then you can't go wrong with watching John Lowe.
I sent him a message a while back to ask what darts he used before Unicorn but he never replied, I was just trying to find out what brass darts he used as he said in his book I think it was that he liked the feel of the brass and that is why Unicorn came out with the Golden Ti which is a great coating. But he definitely has a nice throw along with Beaton, Barney and Hankey Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That's a good video. Such a simple, fluid and rock solid action and overall technique. Can see why he was able to maintain such a long and successful career. A model pro with a model action!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Lowe Darts & Dartboard Sanitiser mc1958 14 732 07-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: BullShot
  Is this the 2008 WC version of John Part TheCrane180 5 314 04-10-2020, 04:55 PM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  Phil Taylor & The 2008 PDC World Championship LethalEagle 3 701 03-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  John Lowe's book "The Art of Darts" PecosJoe 7 581 10-28-2019, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Cat
  John Lowe carlmuscleman67 47 2,755 05-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  John Lowe prototypes carlmuscleman67 10 655 04-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Ryk
  John Lowe MBE shirt carlmuscleman67 9 535 03-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  John Lowe Robbed codo180 18 1,255 02-15-2019, 01:14 AM
Last Post: eddiegrant
Video john lowe talking about darts at his local pub eddiegrant 10 1,343 11-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: LKH9
  Darts the John Lowe Way TheCrane180 4 699 09-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: carlmuscleman67