Unicorn

Possibly best training game
I think and have been told by multiple pro dart players that "121" is a great way to practice. The game puts pressure on you to hit your target because there is an objective in that you are trying to see how high you can get your number to.

Its played by starting with the score 121 and you have 3 turns ( 9 darts ) to try and take it out. if you reach the double and hit it within the three turns you go up ten points and try to take that out in 9 darts, but if you dont you drop down a point. You are not able to drop down below 121. this game is great because unlike just playing 501 in "121" you are ALWAYS on an out. Great way to learn your outs.

What does everyone think?

Bonus : personal best 121 scores? lets hear it
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
Sounds good, not tried it myself but think I will give it a go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think it's a good idea and will certainly help with my math
Sounds good.
that is very similar to this https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=15783
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

(10-19-2015, 11:02 PM)Rodney Wrote: that is very similar to this https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=15783

similar, this is the real mcoy though haha

Haven't played this variation, but will incorporate it into my practice. The variation I have been playing is go up 1 each time (121,122,etc) and if you fail you go back to 121!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(10-20-2015, 10:56 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Haven't played this variation, but will incorporate it into my practice. The variation I have been playing is go up 1 each time (121,122,etc) and if you fail you go back to 121!

ya thats a good challenge, but doesnt really teach you a variety of out really. too difficult

I do this but start on 80.  I feel pretty good if I can get over 170.  Haven't kept track of personal best but into the mid 200's for sure.
I haven't tried either game, but going up by 10 seems to make more sense. If you fail 131, you get to try 130, and so on. Seems like the other way mentioned would give me a lot of practice on only 121 and maybe 122 haha!
(10-20-2015, 06:16 PM)RyanPleau180 Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 10:56 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Haven't played this variation, but will incorporate it into my practice. The variation I have been playing is go up 1 each time (121,122,etc) and if you fail you go back to 121!

ya thats a good challenge, but doesnt really teach you a variety of out really. too difficult

Yes, one of the big things about this game is the pressure aspect of the punishment for missing when you get a few numbers in. I find that good for feeling pressure to hit the out. So many variations and spins you can put on it. I like your variation and will give it a go during my Wednesday practice session later tonight
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Good game. I got up to 179 last night. I might set a time limit next time and see where I have got to after half an hour or an hour.
I normally play a very similar game where you start at 61 but only have 3 darts but I think I may convert to this 121 game
I've played this as part of my practice routines over the last couple of nights. I set a rule such that if I fail to finish 3 numbers in a row then that is game over for me just to set some sort of limit and add a little bit of pressure.
On Wednesday I got to 216 (last success was 208 then missed 218, 217 and 216).
On Thursday I got to 242 (last success was 234 then missed 244, 242 and 242).
A bit of an improvement from the first try but think I can do better

Played this tonight with a mate taking it in turns (playing as a team) good fun!
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

(10-23-2015, 11:21 AM)Omp Wrote: Good game. I got up to 179 last night. I might set a time limit next time and see where I have got to after half an hour or an hour.
I normally play a very similar game where you start at 61 but only have 3 darts but I think I may convert to this 121 game

yes 61 is the same game i beleive but with 3 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 player training game - anyone know the name of it... Imposter 0 256 01-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Imposter