Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Best players you have played against
Be nice to hear some stories of the best players others have played against.
For me i played Jockey Wilson in an exhibition match when he toured Australia back in the 80's.
Was dealing with dartitis back then but they selected one player from each division so i go got chosen.
Was playing well back then even with the dartitis.
Played legs of 1001...just what i needed but hit a couple of tons and got down to from memory 132 or so but Jockey was trying bullseye finish so could have been worse.
Also played Simon Whitlock And Tony David in a doubles match in the Australian Masters.
Had a shot for a 180 first throw...wired it but that was about it.
Got murdered from there,
not played any pros but will be interested to hear from people who have too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-19-2015, 01:41 PM)Getagrip Wrote: not played any pros but will be interested to hear from people who have too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Your classic match with Rocky is worth mentioning here! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Played Peter Manley at an exhibition once. I didn't throw all that well, was extremely nervous, but Peter was a gent and funny
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I've mentioned this in here once before about how I attended a $10K tournament in my home town and played in both the Doubles 501 and Singles 501 events. It was in the singles that I got the deepest and after beating 3 opponents I faced a guy that had a definite British accent. He introduced himself as Kevin Spiolek and I later found out he was a world ranked pro that had beaten Phil Taylor in a tournament, back when Phil was just starting out mind you.

He won the cork and we were to play the best of 3 format and unfortunately, I lost 2 in a row, doing much better in the second leg, but still needing a big out when he took his to 0. It was a bit of a humbling experience, but it opened my eyes to what it took to play on that level. Unfortunately, no matter how much I practiced, I could never get to that level of consistency. I've had my share of 12-15 darters, but they were usually sandwiched between a multitude of 21-24 darters. And now that I'm older with weaker eyesight and lack of desire to put in the practice time on the board, 21-24 darters are getting harder to get.
I played a game of 301 against a professional at a 'Loaded Magazine' sponsored Lads event at Wembley Arena in '97 or '98.
Embarrassingly, I can't remember who I played. I wasn't as in to my darts back then. I think it was either Rod Harrington or Alan Warriner. I do remember hitting a D20 with my first dart, S20 with my second and the pro egging me on to get the shanghai. I didn't.
The leg was over very quickly from what little I recall.
Played John Part twice once in a doubles match and once singles.. 2-0 for me against a world champion!! Woohoo Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hat

https://www.railcitydartleague.webs.com/
Ayup Assassin

Got to play the world champion a couple of yrs ago, and had two darts at a dbl.
What a great night.

Shed
Played a LOD where I drew Johnny K and got a first round match against Solider...
Played Hatrick in a warm up at Leskratch lol
Played Adrian Lewis twice at the Las Vegas Desert Classic where he earned his nickname.  Lost 2-4 the first time and 0-4 the second.
Yes those who beat me have mysteriously disappeared!
(10-19-2015, 05:07 PM)Hatrick Wrote: Played John Part twice once in a doubles match and once singles.. 2-0 for me against a world champion!! Woohoo  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hat

This... is the Dog's Bollocks. Man, played the Great John Part.
I played Darin Young and Tom Sawyer in doubles in my first ever tournament. That was a fun beating. Played many legs with Jim Widmayer and I drew butler once in a singles event. Fun times and showed me where I have to be at to succeed.
(10-19-2015, 05:19 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Assassin

Got to play the world champion a couple of yrs ago, and had two darts at a dbl.
[Image: https://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5...225957.jpg]
[Image: https://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5...003837.jpg]
What a great night.

Shed
Damn good throwing Shed and very nice Pic and memories.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I played against a ladies WC Semi-finalist without knowing it. bloopenator 14 781 01-23-2019, 07:11 AM
Last Post: theblindPew
  Weird formats you have played? JamieJ 14 1,561 01-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Players using other players darts Tlowe 22 8,619 09-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: TheRedBit
Wink Just played an impromptu tournament! NiteEyez 8 903 08-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: WhiskyPops