Target Darts.

Strange throwing styles
I know the thread exists, or used to exist, but I tried searching and searching to no avail.

In that thread were dart players with some pretty unconventional (strange, crazy throwing styles - the Japanese armpit sniffer, the UK wrist roller coaster, and the English licker (ladies) to name a few!) All with video links.

Well, here's another one - the Lolita Schoolgirl Side Swinger! The first I've seen - with arm and darts aimed / extended all the way to one side! For a moment i thought this was a brand new camera angle I was watching!

NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL I thought she was going to throw over her shoulder at first but when it came to the real throw I thought the camera angle must be wrong until she actually threw it!!! Weird or what! also her elbow is very bendy?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dennis Smith on the men's side of darts for a strange throwing motion. Kathy Karpowich is a player from the U.S. that threw from the point of the dart and many people wondered how she did as well as she did with that style of throw.
(10-18-2015, 06:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote: LOL I thought she was going to throw over her shoulder at first but when it came to the real throw I thought the camera angle must be wrong until she actually threw it!!! Weird or what!  also her elbow is very bendy?

I was SOOOooo looking forward to that, then I was pleasantly shocked. Looked like she was aiming for a board 5 feet away! I wonder how she could even get the bulls!

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-18-2015, 06:54 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Dennis Smith on the men's side of darts for a strange throwing motion.   Kathy Karpowich is a player from the U.S. that threw from the point of the dart and many people wondered how she did as well as she did with that style of throw.

Ahh, yes! Dennis Smith - I call the UK Wrist Roller Coaster! Kathy was discussed not too long ago.

Now I remember, Gallagher, the English Licker! 

With most odd throwing styles it is the approach which is usually different. Just before release it quickly becomes a more standard throw.
Interesting videos!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

1. Like Getagrip, I thought she was going to throw over her shoulder or stand backwards or something lol.
2. is that girl really licking her flight before she throws? or does it just look like that because of the angle? lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
I was watching Soldier throw last night at Dartslive. He licks his fingers too much!

Start getting your flu shots guys!
(10-18-2015, 07:59 PM)majeek Wrote: I was watching Soldier throw last night at Dartslive. He licks his fingers too much!

Start getting your flu shots guys!

Taking after the TALL one! boris

(10-18-2015, 06:54 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Dennis Smith on the men's side of darts for a strange throwing motion.   Kathy Karpowich is a player from the U.S. that threw from the point of the dart and many people wondered how she did as well as she did with that style of throw.

Kathy Maloney, Karpowich's doubles partner, threw from the point; not sure that Karpowich did.
(10-18-2015, 07:53 PM)Titan Wrote: 1. Like Getagrip, I thought she was going to throw over her shoulder or stand backwards or something lol.
2. is that girl really licking her flight before she throws? or does it just look like that because of the angle? lol

Throwing over her shoulder, and hitting her targets ... THAT would be a sight to watch!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Gotta find the video of the Japanese Armpit sniffer!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Gallagher - at 0:46 ... looks clear she's licking, but at other times, in other matches, it's like she just sticks her tongue out sometimes.

I like to watch Burgess (2nd Clip) - throws like a fish as you watch his mouth.

Note: This are not funny throws. Video just shows how unique each darter are in terms of throwing their darts.
you guys forgot about the guy who throws with his dog hand up to his face.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-18-2015, 10:33 PM)Mr.K Wrote: you guys forgot about the guy who throws with his dog hand up to his face.

There's a guy in our area that throws just like that.    He is right handed and holds his darts with his left hand almost touching the left side of his face with the flights next to his left eye.   I don't know how he throws like that and am amazed at how accurate he is with that style.    He is one of the top ten players in one of the local leagues.

If I remember correctly, he played a couple seasons in our top league and took MVP one of those seasons.
I feel it's not just about accuracy, but consistently being able to replicate that action wins in the end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something a little strange... sjmattitude1982 0 95 06-06-2021, 07:22 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Country doubles - a strange one, indeed! sjmattitude1982 10 501 05-12-2020, 06:09 AM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Strange practice shot. woodmagnet 8 755 08-26-2019, 03:46 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Darts Throwing comparing - Japanese Soft style throwing vs Steel Style throwing jayouloun 41 12,215 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  strange video of Bobby George whippet0 20 1,999 07-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Cooper84
  two different styles. 1double1 3 485 06-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: 1double1
  Darts is a strange game TJD180 9 957 04-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: TJD180
  Dart grip styles?!? Craighiggins1 3 1,843 07-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: lap