Harrows Darts.

D.I.Y Coating
Hi Nutters!

My currently match darts are Jamie Lewis 23g Rasta dart & I love them but wanted to try the black coated one Jamie is currently using, which aren't available by Red Dragon. I'm not sure why Red Dragon would sell these, I'd imagine they would be very popular. This got me thinking about my match darts before my rasta darts which were RVB Phase 5 23g which I'm sure you know are black, silver & gold. I really liked the combination of these, even if the black section didn't take long before it started wearing. 

So I thought it was worth put this post out for discussion, if anybody has coated there own darts before? It would be amazing if somebody know someone that can do black & gold coatings! And add gold & black coating with a new set of Rasta darts as the Barney Phase 5's are.

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
Don't know if its possible to do the same kind of coating, its probably Black Titanium Nitride. You can do some other type of black paint type though but it wont be as good, same applies to gold nitride coating but you can easily gold plate them with a gold plating kit.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I called (maybe emailed, I don't remember at this point) a local pvd coating place and they didn't even return my call.
Hopefull Matt can! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I know the job would be very expensive!
You can film dip but I would wonder how well it would hold up.

the Shot Grafix line is dipped I believe.

https://www.a-zdarts.com/Category/Soft-T...rafix.aspx
Wanted to bring this one back up. I remember years ago seeing another guy on a different forum gold coat part of his darts...
Any chance someone here knows how? I wouldn't mind having a second set of darts clearance 22g in gold Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
(05-11-2016, 07:07 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: Wanted to bring this one back up. I remember years ago seeing another guy on a different forum gold coat part of his darts...
Any chance someone here knows how? I wouldn't mind having a second set of darts clearance 22g in gold Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That would have been me. I had a set of Masons gold plated. I sent them to a place called TTI in Birmingham (they have now changed their name to Hauck Heat Treatment: https://www.ttigroup.co.uk

I paid just over £30 and they did a great job (they do all the PVD for one of the major dart manufacturers). Can't remember the guy I dealt with now but they are a very approachable company and responded to my emails within minutes!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If there is any gun smiths in your area they might or might know who does Cerakoting. It is extremely tough and I believe it has a similar feel to black oxide coating. Also,  I've been told it should last as long as the dart. 

A friend of mine contacted a local gun shop that does cerakoting and they thought they could do a set of darts for under $50. I haven't done it but I'm thinking about it on an old set of Black Widows.   

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/
Thanks guys! I'll let people know if I find anything else locally.
From Ontario, Canada
I am awaiting answers from a company which anodises metal products in various colours as to cost/availability of getting darts coloured
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I found a gunsmith here in Ontario.
He quoted me $60 CAD to coat three sets of darts.
One gold, one black, and one burnt bronze.
I'm thinking of buying two more sets of Darts Clearance darts and sending my three sets to get coated.
From Ontario, Canada
Really look forward to seeing them all done
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Me too!
I just ordered the other two sets off DC, so that will take about 8-9 days alone.
Not sure how long it will take to ship, get coated and re shipped, but patience must be had!
From Ontario, Canada
(05-16-2016, 04:07 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: I found a gunsmith here in Ontario.
He quoted me $60 CAD to coat three sets of darts.
One gold, one black, and one burnt bronze.
I'm thinking of buying two more sets of Darts Clearance darts and sending my three sets to get coated.

For cerakote?
This is what he sent me:

10 h hardness..product is gunkote
2400 hrs sulphuric acid no effect.
Yes smooth..1 micron thick.
Used by u.s. navy and all nato spec. Forces.

A quick search gave me a few different answers as to which is better: Cerakote or Gunkote, but both seem good.
From Ontario, Canada

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coating on darts carlmuscleman67 15 2,910 10-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Levonster
  One80 Night Hunter coating issue John_B 39 1,975 09-19-2019, 10:53 PM
Last Post: geoffox23
  Taking black coating off darts? Entropy92 5 399 09-03-2019, 01:32 AM
Last Post: LethalEagle