Shot Darts

Unicorn Gary Anderson Premier League Champion 2015 23g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SAnGrDpVXU

This is the new Unicorn Gary Anderson Commemorative Premier League Edition darts with a very nice blue ti coating. They are a limited edition set to celebrate is 2011 and 2015 Premier League wins and are only available in 23g. They are 90% tungsten and retail for £45. The darts have 2 silver rings on the barrels denoting his 2 PL wins.

You can find some info about the darts at the unicorn site here: https://www.unicorn-darts.com/news/

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in some new slim line blue and white packaging which has a slide out tray inside which I think is cardboard but has an almost plasticky feel to it and is quite strong. It has a foam insert stuck in to hold the stems in place and a small plastic triangular point holder. With the barrels is some short Gripper 3 stems and some Gary Anderson PL edition standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts look great with the blue ti coating and if you look closely you can see on the end of the barrel the years 2011 and 2015 etched either side of Garys signature. The darts are still grippy but I think the natural version was a bit grippier, I would say the grip is around about a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were exactly matched and the third was just two hundredths of a gram lighter so very well matched which is great.

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was just a little front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moved pretty much bang in the middle:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

As usual I threw the darts with my normal front grip quite close to the nose. Balance was definitely better at the centre though:

With the short stems the darts were landing pretty much in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

I still think the Ando Phase 3 are a touch long and thin for me personally but they fly quite well with the short stems with my front grip, I got a slight bit of fishtailing but seemed to go after a bit more practice. With more playing time I was throwing them better too but still felt the balance is best around the centre. As with most straight barrel darts though they will likely suit all styles of grip, it just depends what barrel dimensions you get on best with I guess, but you can always alter set up to some degree to get them flying to suit.

I did throw from the centre and could see they were a bit better in flight but I actually had a few decent throws throwing from the rear and they kept a very nice stable flight when I tried it there which was surprising for me as I had tried these before and they were not so good from the rear, may be I just fluked it lol But I can see them suiting middle and rear gripppers well and should be fine for front grippers who like a fairly long barrel too.

I was not sure if the blue ti coating was making the darts a little less grippy though, I was sure the natural version seemed grippier overall. They are still quite grippy though.

If you already like this Anderson style dart then you probably have already bought a set, if it is a first purchase then I would say if you need a slightly grippier and cheaper model then go for the natural version but if you want a very nice looking dart and may be don't need so much grip then give these a go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (look great in blue!)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 exact so very close)
Quality: 8 (seems fine)
Value: 7 (a bit more expensive than other versions)
Suitability for me: 7 (still a little long and thin but not bad overall)

Best Feature: Looks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Can't view any of the pictures?
Not sure if it's an iPad issue or a dartsnutz problem.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Think its a Photo Bucket issue
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yeah I cant either. Video works great though lol. Nice review Darren. They look lovely
Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The blue barrels do look good - crying out to be paired with a set of the blue DN flights.
Pics working now, PB were doing maintenance or something

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Pictures are brilliant. Really nice looking darts. Much nicer looking than the DNA's.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thanks JC! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review.
I wonder why Unicorn didn't use black points ?
And, they provide short stems where Anderson uses medium.

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thanks G, dunno about the points, maybe the silver look better but most of them are fitted with silver anyway, I do prefer the black though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review and amazing pictures! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Very nice darts. Not really a fan of blue darts (don't care for the blue PWs) but these look great.
Thanks Kev, yeah I quite like the look too but when are they going to do green ti coating!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

i need to stop coming back to check on these photos over and over again!!!
i must fight the temptation!!! I can't even throw these 23g!
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-08-2015, 04:07 AM)Mr.K Wrote: i need to stop coming back to check on these photos over and over again!!!
i must fight the temptation!!! I can't even throw these 23g!

You won't have to throw them if they just sit in your collectables display case Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And yes those photos are total eye candy !

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

Cheers,
 Ken 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 613 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 297 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 490 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 4,784 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Shot Kyle Anderson Desert Boomer Darts Review Getagrip 1 112 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 363 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 993 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 303 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 67,998 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,006 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner