Unicorn

ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2YEAaR7qbc

Here is a review of another set of ShowTime darts, these are the Revolution model and they are 24g.  They are also available in 22 and 23 grams and are 90% tungsten.  You can find more on the site here: Revolution

The darts retail for £26.99 at present, you can buy on their ebay shop here: showtime ebay shop

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a small neat cardboard box with a small plastic clamshell style pack holding the barrels, there is also some short plastic stems and some standard flights with the Showtime logo:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a great look to them with the blue highlighted features in the notches, diamond cuts and grooves.  Its s fairly straightforward profile with a tapered nose and has the grip in just the right spot for.  The grip is a nice combination of razor and thinly cut rings with the middle been mostly smooth except for the diamond cuts and more thinly cut rings at the rear.  I would say on the grippy sections its just about a high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are very closely matched just two hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance is just front of centre slightly:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The grippy section of razor and thin cut rings was just in the right place for me, was a nice grip here although I think the balance was a bit better nearer the centre:

I switched to some medium stems and the darts landed with my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

This is a very nice looking dart and has a fairly simple design that works well especially with my front grip.  The grip section is in just the right place near the front and the finger sits nicely on the tapered nose making it quite comfy too.

I found that with the short stems fitted the darts flew quite zippy and was not completely happy with that but found it much improved when I switched to some medium stems as it was more to my liking then.

Overall the darts fly well through the air, I never noticed any problems but I did find that for me they were more stable with the medium stems and more stable and better balanced yet again when throwing from the centre but there is not much grip on the centre section.  The lack of grip there was not an issue for me but it can be for some, but I was more than happy with the performance from the front.

Trying from the rear was a bit too weird for me and they flew all over the place lol but they may work for natural rear grippers.

Quality wise the darts are very nice again, the machining is very clean and nicely cut and the tungsten feels good.

On the whole its a dart that should suit front grippers for sure and probably centre grippers also, not sure about rear grippers though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY:

Looks: 9 (Look great)
Grip: 8.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 8.5 (very nice quality)
Value: 7.5 (pretty good)
Suitability for me: 8 (worked well once I altered setup)

Best Feature: Looks, I think I like that the most Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Definitely a company to keep an eye on. I like what they're producing. +1 as standard.
Really fine looking set of darts. Great pics and review as ever +1.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Cheers guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great start for this company, very impressed with their first 2 offerings. Will you be doing a review of their neo bomb?
Great review as ever sir.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
Thanks Ben, no idea about the Neo's, may be Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review & pics Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They don't really suit my grip but I do like the look of these.
Cheers Kev!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

A massive thank you again to everyone at DartsNutz, and especially Daz, for another fantastic review. Hope everyone loves the Revolution as much as we do! More weights arriving in stock in around 3 weeks time, with more designs on their way also. Keep checking in at our website - lots of new features to come and new releases!
Great looking dart! Keep'm coming! :-)
Cheers guy's, looking forward to the new release's Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review buddy. Once again enjoyed with my morning Java. Really like the looks of the barrel and even my 85 year young mom said they were pretty but just not the right grip for me. Keep 'em coming ST Darts
Thanks Tom, nice to hear your mom likes em too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Really like the look of these. Even my wife didn't sigh and say "looking at more darts pictures?" (I think she thinks I'm train spotter of darts) instead she said "oh they're nice" so that means something, not sure what but definitely means something lol

I also think they look like great value for money (a big brands would charge twice as much for the same thing, look at mirage with coating in the rings) from how they look and from your review Darren they seem like they are great value.

Great pics and review once again bud!

Now let's see if the +1 works Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks John, may be she will buy you a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 801 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 19,216 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 648 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,653 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,879 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 16,910 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review Getagrip 37 14,325 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Olsen65
  XQMax Michael van Gerwen Originals, 23G, Steel Tip Darts Review [LONG REVIEW] tiddler.tec 9 4,514 08-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  ShowTime Darts Mustang 22g darts review Getagrip 12 7,113 07-05-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  ShowTime Darts Neo Bomb 23g darts review (2018) Ryk 6 1,841 03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Leeatherton