Harrows Darts.

Blade 4 bounce out machine?
Does anybody have any issues with darts bouncing out of the blade 4?

I've had throws sometimes where 2 darts in the same turn bounce out, usually around the bull area.

Any way to reduce it?

Throwing one80 21g cutlasses
Had the same thing, i switched to a set of new darts and i had the same problemen. I even didn't dare to trow at the bull because it was a bounce out garrantee. You could scuff you points up a bid. Honestly, i switched to a Shot! Bandid plus and i rarely have bounce outs now.
Did you switched to a new set lately?
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
nope, I rarely have bounce outs. Ive had the board up for months and can count the bounce outs on 1 hand
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
I throw many times near the wire, so i had a lot of bouncers on all Blades. on my Bull's i have no wire bouncers
may all the doubles be with you

I do not have any issues with my Blade 4, personally my favorite board.
I have 2 blades and both have equal amounts of bounce outs. Maybe once or twice each in 1 1/2 hours of practice. Both boards are about 2 years old. I just bought a Shot/Bandit so anxious to report on it.
On my 3 blade 4 .... no problems and I practice on the bulls.

How hard are you throwing?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
(10-05-2015, 05:53 PM)Fred Raket Wrote: I throw many times near the wire, so i had a lot of bouncers on all Blades. on my Bull's i have no wire bouncers

Same here mabey one bouncher every few months tops!
Still....the B4 is a really great board!
(10-05-2015, 07:04 PM)Joene Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 05:53 PM)Fred Raket Wrote: I throw many times near the wire, so i had a lot of bouncers on all Blades. on my Bull's i have no wire bouncers

Same here mabey one bouncher every few months tops!
Still....the B4 is a really great board!

I agree, it's a fantastic board, but just makes me scratch my head whenever it bounces when some other reviewers have no trouble.
i rarely get a bounce out on my blade 4 only when the darts are really close together,probably deflection .used to get lots on my pro sfb,blade 4 is around 6 months old and never a bounce out from the bull area.
target carrera 24 gr c4s target titanium/ carbon stems,.target vision  flights
harrows bristow 24gr natural ringed,24g gold
harrows bristow 24gr cocked hand
harrows powerpoint 24gr vintage 1994
blade 4 board
ales and nails,BEER IN ACTION
(10-05-2015, 06:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I have 2 blades and both have equal amounts of bounce outs. Maybe once or twice each in 1 1/2 hours of practice. Both boards are about 2 years old. I just bought a Shot/Bandit so anxious to report on it.

Used to play on a Bandit Plus at work, thinnest wire i've ever played on. The wires are basically flush with the sisal and never had bounce outs. BUT drop outs, way too many. The sisal is so dense that it barely takes the points, so scuffing the points are a must. But great board.
(10-05-2015, 07:02 PM)Grey Owl Wrote: On my 3 blade 4 .... no problems and I practice on the bulls.

How hard are you throwing?

I used to lob quite a bit, trying to force the follow through now for a harder flatter throw. But regardless of the technique, I feel the darts still shouldn't bounce this often surely?

Recently I had a bounce on the bull and the dart came back all the way to the oche, I caught it and the point pierced my palm. Not fun at all hahaha
(10-05-2015, 07:53 PM)atas41 Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I have 2 blades and both have equal amounts of bounce outs. Maybe once or twice each in 1 1/2 hours of practice. Both boards are about 2 years old. I just bought a Shot/Bandit so anxious to report on it.

Used to play on a Bandit Plus at work, thinnest wire i've ever played on. The wires are basically flush with the sisal and never had bounce outs. BUT drop outs, way too many. The sisal is so dense that it barely takes the points, so scuffing the points are a must. But great board.

Yep, i had a B4, but when i got all the bouce outs i gave my b4 to my brother and i brought a Bandit Plus. Scuffing up is indeed a must, my brother with 19gr still cant play on the bandit plus and really loves the b4.
How old is your board? Is your bull battered?! From the bounceouts you have been getting have the points flattened the wires thereby making them bigger and giving them more surface area for future darts to hit and bounce off?
If you push a dart in by hand does the sisal feel harder or like it doesn't want to accept the dart (a dead spot)?
i would suggest scuffing and rounding your points as that will help the point to grip the sisal and not fall out and the rounding will help the point glide by wires rather than sticking in them
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points