Harrows Darts.

Darts presentation
Hey Guys,
I have to do a english presentation in school and I want to do it about darts.
I only got 7 minutes to speak and now I want to ask you what you think are the most important things to say about darts in general?
Aside from mechanics, its 90% mental and the other 10% is in your head. It teaches you focus, concentration, clarity of thought as well as clarity of purpose. It teaches you how to discriminate and value what you discover on that journey.

Darts is like life...every moment changes and you have to flow and dance that change.

A bit too frilly, but you can translate it.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You could start by delving into the history of darts and how the game got started and bring it into present day competition with how much it's grown in popularity and the financial rewards for the true professionals out there.
may be mention the split in darts too and the resurgence of the game and how the standards have improved due to the likes of Taylor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
OMG Cat you will leave audience with blank eyes and mouth open after 7 minutes of talking about darts. They will wonder how you arrived at 90% mental thing while some might say "I think it's 75% mental." Rule in extemporaneous talks, K.I.S.S. !

Okay Toron here's my suggestion!

Do a map of your talk and how long you should deal with it. Be purpose oriented. Let it flow naturally.

1st part must be the Darts Intro (2mins) as below
2nd - Personal Experience - how you discovered darts (3mins)
3rd - benefits, etc to convince audience to try playing darts (2mins)

"Darts is a form of throwing sport in which small missiles are thrown at a circular target (dartboard) fixed to a wall. Though various boards and rules have been used in the past, the term "darts" usually now refers to a standardised game involving a specific board design and set of rules. As well as being a professional competitive sport, darts is a traditional pub game, commonly played in the United Kingdom, across the Commonwealth, the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, the Scandinavian countries, the United States, and elsewhere."

Now work on the rest. Whatever that comes out in your mind. Just stick to your purpose. End it with goal of making them interested in trying darts.

Good luck!
Oh and finish off with "Everyone Must Join Darts Nutz!"

That's the most important bit Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-03-2015, 04:15 PM)majeek Wrote: OMG Cat you will leave audience with blank eyes and mouth open after 7 minutes of talking about darts. They will wonder how you arrived at 90% mental thing while some might say "I think it's 75% mental." Rule in extemporaneous talks, K.I.S.S. !

Okay Toron here's my suggestion!

Do a map of your talk and how long you should deal with it. Be purpose oriented. Let it flow naturally.

1st part must be the Darts Intro (2mins) as below
2nd - Personal Experience - how you discovered darts (3mins)
3rd - benefits, etc to convince audience to try playing darts (2mins)

"Darts is a form of throwing sport in which small missiles are thrown at a circular target (dartboard) fixed to a wall. Though various boards and rules have been used in the past, the term "darts" usually now refers to a standardised game involving a specific board design and set of rules. As well as being a professional competitive sport, darts is a traditional pub game, commonly played in the United Kingdom, across the Commonwealth, the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, the Scandinavian countries, the United States, and elsewhere."

Now work on the rest. Whatever that comes out in your mind. Just stick to your purpose. End it with goal of making them interested in trying darts.

Good luck!
I agree with your outline concept...but put a little history in it, the other points brought out and the philosophical part I threw in , but briefly on those.

And agree.... My statement....Too much the spiritual aspect of darts, but A, it stirred the pot, and B, it's not all "we are darters, hear us roar" , and drink, and other things I won't mention. Lol

If you guys look at your own posts, you'll see where I extrapolated that statement. Darts is a sport, and an art, and a reflection of who the darter is at the oche. It's the darter , not the dart.
The requirement is to accomplish your purpose within 420-second time frame.

Basic general ideas good enough to stimulate the interest of your audience. Just enough for them to bite, chew, and swallow.

So here goes. . .

(Intro - 3 mins)

(Personal experience - 2 mins)
"I learned about darts when. . .blah. . .blah and since then I played with/at blah. . .blah until I realized I got addicted to it. Playing darts, you have to choose the darts itself made up of barrels, stems, and flights. You have to mix and match them to match your throw and that's another side of the fun." (3mins)

(Involve audience - 2 mins)

"I would recommend that you try playing darts. It's a lot of fun. It's a very good stress reliever. Like any other game it trains you to develop confidence. It pushes you to a pursue challenges. It teaches you focus, concentration, clarity of thought as well as clarity of purpose. Through it, you will also learn how to discriminate and value what you discover on that journey.

Thank you for listening!"
Some good thoughts about our sport but you might want to mention that it slows us down in this fast paced world. It takes focus and movement at the same time. We're not sitting at a computer screen pushing buttons to be entertained.............unless we're recovering and saying hello to our friends here on the forum.
I'd like to hear your talk before you finish with it. Good luck Toron
Hey thanks guys.
I still got 2 Months left but ty for the tips.
You guys will here from me again when its finished Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2 months preparation time for a seven minute talk? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good luck then!
(10-14-2015, 02:07 PM)Toron Wrote: Hey thanks guys.
You guys will here from me again when its finished Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cool!

If you're handy with animations, vidz and stuff like that, you could put a whole AV presentation together while you narrate it!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

All the best!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-14-2015, 05:36 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:
(10-14-2015, 02:07 PM)Toron Wrote: Hey thanks guys.

Cool!

If you're handy with animations, vidz and stuff like that, you could put a whole AV presentation together while you narrate it!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

All the best!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great idea. If you can use powerpoint do up slides of a dartboard, darts, stance etc and maybe a clip of a 9 darter!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

If possible take in a dart board and just sit it up on a table behind you as a visual prop..it will add a bit of value and help hold your audiences attention.
Then maybe start of with a question like.." Does anybody know what this is made of ? "
At least they will be engaged straight away.

Have fun, that's the main thing.