Unicorn

Difficulties with how hard to throw...
So I am pretty consistent with keeping my darts in line ie in the 20s, but up and down them ie close to the double then next dart under the treble etc. Any drills to keep throwing the same 'strength' more or less?
Yes. The Flight School A2 drill. The goal is to throw all three darts so that when they land, all three barrels are touching. The target is irrelevant. Throw one and follow with two.
no gimmicks, keep it smooth, keep it straight and just keep practicing. hour here, two hours there, 15 mins here. thats the big secret to darts
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
(10-06-2015, 01:56 PM)RyanPleau180 Wrote: no gimmicks, keep it smooth, keep it straight and just keep practicing. hour here, two hours there, 15 mins here. thats the big secret to darts

Cant fault practising it does make a big difference Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yes, the same way you get to Carnegie Hall-----------------practice, practice, practice. If you are consistently straight and getting into the 20's, then it's just a matter of practicing until you get the stroke down pat to target the treble or double.
until your arm falls off...then stop practicing....
I don't know that I am qualified to coach anybody, but here goes. I think missing high or low is more related to release point than how hard you throw. I would pick a tempo that feels comfortable to you. Not too much arc in the flight or so hard you push the dart out of line. Something in the middle. When you practice, focus on throwing all darts the same speed whether you are throwing to the top or the numbers down low. The point of a good follow through is it helps you find the same release point every time. I imagine consistency in tempo and follow through are the most important, but you also need consistency of stance and alignment. Consistency in all is the key. Pick a speed and set the cruise control.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Hey guys not been on in a while, cheers for all the input, I am trying hard to smooth out my stroke as much as possible. Practice practice practice!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts - You're trying too hard !!!! *Saber* 33 9,118 01-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Last Post: *Saber*