Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

darts repointing tool
is a repointing tool a must have ?,are black or chrome factory installed point s prone to breakage?
target carrera 24 gr c4s target titanium/ carbon stems,.target vision  flights
harrows bristow 24gr natural ringed,24g gold
harrows bristow 24gr cocked hand
harrows powerpoint 24gr vintage 1994
blade 4 board
ales and nails,BEER IN ACTION
Nah, repointers arnt necessary unless you like to change the points on your darts a lot. Most of us have one to install storm points or longer points, or different points like the diamond pro or those black ones Gary Anderson uses. I've never had a point break, but I like to change points Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. also, when buying darts from a site like A180, they have an option for a few dollars to install new points for you if you buy them. But it doesn't guarantee you'll get the original points back with it. I had a set of storms put on a some Bunting Gen 1's I ordered a while ago and didn't receive the original points. Was pretty mad lol.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
The factory installed tips on darts are as much prone to breakage the same as any other tips are. There are a lot of people out there that have repointing. Why buy one if you know someone that has one. I'm sure they would change your tips for you for a beer. Some of the repointer tools can be exspensive. I've even heard people us rivet guns to change their tips.
It is not really worth getting one unless you need to change points a lot or your buying lots of darts and what a specific point for each set
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
thank you.i was toying with the idea of putting shorter points on my new voks design a dart barrels.you could spear a chicken with these things!! maybe i should get used to them first.i also wouldnt want the risk of damaging or weakening them in the future.
blade 4 board
Get in touch with Leaky, Jugger, etc members who are based in Canada. Maybe they can help you replace those points if needed. Just cover postage and their beers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well you could just file them down?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
yeah you could file them down like Darren said or like Majeek said, Im sure any Nut on this forum would be more than happy to change out the points for you as long as you paid shipping lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Useful if, like me, you get all OCD and have to have your collection having the best looking points and also if you want to see how a dart performs with different length points.
I got to get some of those smooth Tornado points for my Power 9Five Gen 3's because they are eating up my Cosmo flights.  I love my setup, but destroying Cosmo flights is pricey.   I'm going to give the Designa repointing tool and Tornado points a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Levonster, Out
Yeah I use cosmo too.
Designa and tornados is the way.
Basic for me.
Valencia/Spain

thanks for the input,guys,still thinking about a repointer tool,the $65 us on ebay plus shipping is a new darts set.we ll see....
blade 4 board
(09-08-2016, 09:19 AM)Levonster Wrote: I got to get some of those smooth Tornado points for my Power 9Five Gen 3's because they are eating up my Cosmo flights.  I love my setup, but destroying Cosmo flights is pricey.   I'm going to give the Designa repointing tool and Tornado points a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

How did you get on? I've got the Designa repointer and made a right mess when I tried to fit some Tornado points. Not sure if it's just the new metal look ones but they seemed really soft and had big grooves scraped into them where they were clamped
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
Opinion?
I have the Designa repointer. I have put Storm points on a couple dozen sets and then swapped a few of them around. I have gotten a lot of use and enjoyment out of it. The only problem I have ever had was when I tried to remove a point without the tool. I was careful, but it snapped. So I bought the tool and never looked back. I did figure a few things out early on. When clamping on to flared points like Storm points, be sure to clamp on the flat part of the point or you will gouge it up. Another thing, tight is tight enough. Don't crank down like a gorilla and the tool will last. If the point slips when you try to pull it, then give it a little more tightening, otherwise be gentle but firm. I recommend experimenting with all aspects of the dart setup and learning to throw every one of them. Customize until you can't customize anymore. I think (and hope) that after dues have been paid through the shear course of time, the flexibility and skill of launching darts regardless of the dart characteristics will be a huge benefit. So far, I am experiencing that to be true.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon repointing tool Helmie 2 201 06-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Helmie
Photo HELP! Barrel stuck in re-pointing tool Trainor180 9 508 04-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Trainor180
  Darts Grouping Improvement Tool Getagrip 34 911 04-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  First time repointing darts, new tips seating deeper than original - Unicorn ihatesnow 5 797 08-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: ihatesnow
  Help designa repointing tool Jimmyp 8 1,145 05-08-2018, 05:20 AM
Last Post: blink180
  'O' Ring Tool???? Dorian 10 2,136 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Winmau Dart Tool Jameshaven 4 1,109 03-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Humdinger