Harrows Darts.

TITAN MINI REVIEW - Flight Thickness 100 v 150 v 180
Hello Nutz, I saw recently that puredarts.co.uk has new Pentathlon micron x180 flights. Being a big fan of the Target Rhino150 range I had to try them! Saw them at my league's state tournament last weekend and picked up a few sets in red, black, and blue. They are pretty thick and durable. They won't fit in an aluminum shaft if anyone was thinking that lol. And it is very tough to use these in a flight puncher. Almost broke mine punching the 3 red ones lol. Heres a few pics of the thickness between a 100 micron flight, 150 micron flight, and the new 180 micron flights. Enjoy! :yoda:

Thickness:

Darts Nutz 100 micron Flights:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Target Rhino150 150 micron Flights:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pentathlon X180 180 micron Flights:

Weight

Darts Nutz 100 micron Flight

Target Rhino150 150 micron Flights

Pentathlon X180 180 micron Flights

Overall, they are pretty nice flights. Very thick, very durable, and they'll probably last a while. Be carefully when your using your flight punchers and besides that they are great. I use Rhino150 green flights on my One80 Dragon soft tips and hopefully Target will come out with a Rhino180 green flights :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hope you guys enjoyed the mini review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
-Titan
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers James, I think we had a thread somewhere before about flight thickness and I did some measurements but was not really sure how they measure it at the factory stage, I think that was what the thread was about and I don't think anyone got the answer if it was a measurement of the total thickness or the single sheets of laminate that they stick together?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice one Titan. They look thick!! I'd be worried about a point catching the flight with the added thickness and piercing it or getting nasty deflections. Then again the thickness is marginal really so might not be that big an issue
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Is the purpose of the extra thickness purely durability?
Nice review how are those Pentathlon X180 flight i have a few guys looking for thick flights ?
I have found the thicker the flight the more and harsher I get deflections. I believe the extra thickness is for the durability, also the thicker you go it affects your flight path and how they land in the board (being more heavy making them more end loaded).
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
Great photos thanks for doing this. Is it just personable choice as to thickness or is there an advantage to having thick flights? I much prefer the slimmer flights and for me they fly better with less drag. Am I off my rocker on that? The new Nuts flights work good for me which surprised me as they are slighter larger than the visions I have loaded most of the time
(10-01-2015, 02:57 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Great photos thanks for doing this. Is it just personable choice as to thickness or is there an advantage to having thick flights? I much prefer the slimmer flights and for me they fly better with less drag. Am I off my rocker on that?  The new Nuts flights work good for me which surprised me as they are slighter larger than the visions I have loaded most of the time

Nah you're not off your rocker lol. I think its just personal choice. I think some people just go with the thicker flight because its more durable.
TITAN
(10-01-2015, 02:53 PM)Leaky Wrote: I have found the thicker the flight the more and harsher I get deflections. I believe the extra thickness is for the durability, also the thicker you go it affects your flight path and how they land in the board (being more heavy making them more end loaded).

Just for fun, take a pair of sharp scissors and chop out the middles of a set of flights and see what happens. You might be surprised.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(10-01-2015, 03:02 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 02:53 PM)Leaky Wrote: I have found the thicker the flight the more and harsher I get deflections.  I believe the extra thickness is for the durability, also the thicker you go it affects your flight path and how they land in the board (being more heavy making them more end loaded).

Just for fun, take a pair of sharp scissors and chop out the middles of a set of flights and see what happens.  You might be surprised.

I might try that. Not on the 180's though since I only have 3 sets lol. I can see getting a 180 with a dart going through one of the flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Nice review. Can you also compare diffferent brands of similar microns too? Just curious if there are weight differences say between 150 micron Rhinos and 150 micron Pentathlon HD
yeah, I actually bought some 150 micron Pentathlon flights the other day too. Ill post some pics of them soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
I had a set of Pent 150's I think it lasted 6 months and I tossed them because I was tired of looking at them. Look forward to the pics Titan
Great post Titan ( a +1 from me when I can do it!)

I've been experimenting for a while recently started using the Unicorn big wing 125 micron and love them. My darts are landing very nicely (tail up which I like and are hitting the board positively if you know what I mean). The black still wears off the same as the 100 micron ones but are much more durable and I'm not getting deflections. Although the last bit depends a lot on the individual and their style of throw I think.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(10-01-2015, 05:01 PM)jc14 Wrote: Great post Titan ( a +1 from me when I can do it!)

I've been experimenting for a while recently started using the Unicorn big wing 125 micron and love them.  My darts are landing very nicely (tail up which I like and are hitting the board positively if you know what I mean). The black still wears off the same as the 100 micron ones but are much more durable and I'm not getting deflections.  Although the last bit depends a lot on the individual and their style of throw I think.

you can leave a rep point bud, you just need to change your theme :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I haven't tried a set of unicorn big wings yet. Ill have to get a set soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quantum Darts. A Mini Review. ian Wheatley 2 231 01-26-2021, 09:05 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Two Weeks Later - 8 Flight Review Dan180 16 2,384 11-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  5000th POST! TITAN REVIEW - Target Power 9Five Gen 3 Titan 36 10,215 03-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Dartsfan named BK
  TITAN REVIEWS - Monster Soldier No.5 18g Titan 19 8,101 03-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Dartsfan named BK
  Darts clearance 23g - mini review Zaza 12 2,425 01-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Last Post: burge90
  TITAN REVIEWS - Target Adrian Lewis Gen 3 21g Titan 37 16,730 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: HapBilko
Video Condor Flight Review rockettman 40 25,732 10-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Little al
  TITAN REVIEWS - Cosmo Dart Case (GREEN) Titan 17 6,139 10-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: kungfuron
  TITAN REVIEWS - Winmau Crisis 22g Titan 20 7,377 12-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Chardotz
  TITAN REVIEWS - One80 Revenge 22g Titan 7 5,208 10-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Ben Davison