Target Darts.

Low darts
Hello everyone

I have posted a few times on this thread.

Playing for a new team this season so I want to impress

I'm having an issue with my scoring..Lots of 30's 26's 22's 3' 15's....Not pretty stuff to say the least averaging very low say around 31av over 3 darts

Not happy about that at all

When I'm shooting my darts I'm landing underneath the treble 5, 20 and 1
which is not good I feel comfy when I actually throw my darts I almost expect to hit what I'm aiming for haha!!

Why would my eye tell me that I'm doing it right but my score reflect that I'm doing it wrong??

Darts is some game....love to hate it sometimes
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

For me this is the statement that gives the most clue as to what is happening - "Playing for a new team this season so I want to impress"
The want to impress could be meaning you are trying to hard, are too tensed up on the oche and aren't throwing in your usual manner. It sounds cliche, but try and relax as best you can, know that you can throw good darts and let them flow
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I would guess the vast majority of my darts fall short rather than go too high. Oddly, this seems to reduce when I throw a heavier dart.
Also, darts falling short is worse for me I'm not fully warmed up. As Elusive says, a relaxed arm will help and that comes with a good warm up.

This is something you just need to practice while NOT during league play. During league, you should simply be focusing on your target and nothing else. Think about math or strategy before you set your target, then just stare that baby down.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I agree with all the above points.

Plus I think you need something like a concoction that will calm you down a bit.

Ask Dr. Chardotz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-01-2015, 10:09 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote: Hello everyone

I have posted a few times on this thread.

Playing for a new team this season so I want to impress

I'm having an issue with my scoring..Lots of 30's 26's 22's 3' 15's....Not pretty stuff to say the least averaging very low say around 31av over 3 darts

Don't try to impress. That is out of your control. Just throw your darts like you know how to throw them. That takes a bit of courage to allow yourself to focus that much, but that's the only way you're going to get there.

When you look for a result, especially one like you want, you will probably throw much more tentatively. A tentative throw shows up as the darts being below their target.

If you want to show a lack of confidence, that is the best way to do it. It is even worse when you start telling people "realy, I *can* throw".

Don't worry about the results. Try your best. Give it your best effort.

That will probably start with lowering your heart rate. Then you might be able to focus on the task at hand -- which is not throwing impressively. It is hitting what you are aiming at.
taller shoes?lol
target carrera 24 gr c4s target titanium/ carbon stems,.target vision  flights
harrows bristow 24gr natural ringed,24g gold
harrows bristow 24gr cocked hand
harrows powerpoint 24gr vintage 1994
blade 4 board
ales and nails,BEER IN ACTION
(10-02-2015, 12:04 AM)gtauto Wrote: taller shoes?lol

my mrs has some killer 9" heels right enough... haha they have decent points on them as well

finally had a good game last night

18 dart leg for one of them happy with that not often i clean up like that.

I won 2-1 boost even came back from going down 1-0 that's how I like it

Nicely done.
Did you change anything in particular to get your darts up?
(10-14-2015, 01:50 PM)Omp Wrote: Nicely done.
Did you change anything in particular to get your darts up?

Changed to John Part hero's which I purchased from this site

I think what made the big difference was the fact I drank more and was down to the pub for a practice 2 hours before we started playing. I take ages to get warm but a day off yesterday and a good warm up makes a huge difference. My worst enemy in darts is the one between my own ears and Mr Peroni puts that one to bed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

slight improvement just now currently still not winning much games but averaging a little higher so some improvement is good news.