Unicorn

Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review
Price: £21.90
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First a note for Red Dragon: If a set of darts have any type of grip on the points please don't jam them into a point protector, it's a nightmare to get them out. Otherwise you're a fantastic company. That and the gunge on the points of my MVG darts that I couldn't get off are the only problems I've had with you as a company.

I wanted a set of darts with a tiny grip on the point. I thought because of the way I hold a dart these would be ideal. 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts arrived within two days of purchase, as you would expect from Red Dragon. 

To me the darts feel very cheaply made. They feel lighter than 24g, but they are 24g, if that makes any sense? They don't feel they could take much wear and tear at all...They just feel well, to be honest, flimsy. 

The grip on the darts is listed at 3 out of 5. I would agree with that. 

I had a good few days on the board with these darts and the weight was really bugging me, so I decided to use both these and my Red Dragon Patriot 24g with the same stems and flights. The Patriots feel so much more well made. 

This is just my personal opinion and you could feel different if you do purchase them but in terms of grip they're fine, my overall problem with these darts is the quality. It just feels like they're not going to last long. They feel like a cheap set of darts but they are priced like a good set should be priced. 

If you do purchase these darts or have done in the past please tell me if you also had any problems getting them out of the point protectors, it took me a good few minutes. Not the brightest idea Red Dragon has had. 

I'm going to give them 3*** from 5*****
Nice review mate, I know what you mean about points like that been stuck in point protectors lol, experienced that too but I really just prefer plain black coated points any way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Surprised about your thoughts on the quality feel though but can get what you mean as its a difficult thing to describe as sometimes darts have a feel to them that is hard to point into words but you just know if it feels good.

Red Dragons are usually pretty good quality though.

Will give you a +1 when I switch to the Sleeq theme Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

i had a set of these and thought they were excellent. i have noticed that some target models can also feel lighter than they actually are. i don't normally use 24g so i doubt i woudl have noticed that they felt different to another 24g model. if RD made these in 22g they would almost certainly be my go to darts.

i got a smooth set of Jenkins darts once from ebay that had knurled points fitted. it took ages to get them out of the point protector as they had been jammed in tight up to the barrel. they were stuck fast and smooth darts have nowhere you can get purchase on them.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

If they are in 22g with regular points i buy a set
may all the doubles be with you

i am gonna email RD to ask if they have any plans to do this. they have increased the weight options on other player darts in the past.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Want to get rid sir??
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(10-17-2015, 05:36 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Want to get rid sir??

Tempted, but I collect darts, they are now part of the collection.
Arnt these similar to the old Bristows?
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
yeah another brissy style

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The ones in your picture look different to the ones on the RD site....yours have 2 rings where the smooth section should be?
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
they are not mine

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-02-2015, 03:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote: they are not mine

I know mate but check out the two pics the RD site has knurling then smooth bit then rings....the pic of him holding the dart has knurled bit two rings then bigger smooth bit???

Also the knurling starts one ring too high?

Nice dart either way I've tried the Bristow version and it's lovely Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
              (The Biscuit) 
(11-02-2015, 09:51 PM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote:

I know mate but check out the two pics the RD site has knurling then smooth bit then rings....the pic of him holding the dart has knurled bit two rings then bigger smooth bit???

Nice dart either way I've tried the Bristow version and it's lovely Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good eye. Thats quite a few differences for such a simple dart.
good spot, I think there was some Bristow Durro darts in this style though with the knurled ring.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-02-2015, 09:51 PM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote:

Good spot!!

I will be emailing Red Dragon about that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 464 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 787 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 16,027 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 995 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 525 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 376 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,427 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,427 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,297 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion 2020 23g Darts Review Getagrip 29 3,443 03-04-2020, 04:14 PM