Shot Darts

How long it takes to warm up
I'm finding it's taking quite a while to warm up.
I release my dart quite late and, when I'm warming up, I will often be locking out my elbow at about the same time I'm releasing which is a little uncomfortable. It will take at least 10 minutes before I get into a smother action.
Is this a normal amount of time to get into any sort of rhythm?

Did find a nice tip on this forum some time ago:
If you have very little warm up time before a match aim for double 20.
As this is the highest target on the board you basically force yourself to properly complete your throw with a good follow through.

Cheers
Red
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
At least a good 10 minutes for me to get comfortable with my stroke, sometimes longer depending on how the arm muscles feel and what I did that day to tire them. I know if I do a lot of physical work using my arms, like turning over the vegetable garden soil, it takes me longer to get warmed up. And when I was working out with weights, tricep days were not going to happen on darts night.

If I head out to a local watering hole and jump right into a game, I usually just consider the first game or two as warm-ups and don't really worry about the outcome.
Some folks might not like my warm up. I like the idea at throwing for tops to make sure I am following through, but my solution is to warm up with really light darts. 12g darts help promote the wrist-snap and follow-through I need to stay consistent. Any time I find myself snatching or finessing the darts to the board, I get back to practice with some light darts.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I like the double top idea. I can see the logic in it and a lot of my early throws do fall short when I am aiming at T20 on my usual warm up. I'll give it a try.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

If it's a match and I haven't got time then I have a few throws at tops, bull and double 3 so I can least find my 'range'
At least an hour and 2 cocktails.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Tops is the way to go, also d18 d12 then I will go for those trebles after, along with bull every few turns or so, as I get loose I will do a round of A-2... about 30 minutes I feel good and loose....
I'm not very flexible. I start off throwing low and gradually move up top. If I can get a good 15-20 minutes I'm ready

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You arrive late for a match and only have a few minutes to warm up what would you do? Dorian 9 283 04-14-2021, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Takes ages to warm up properly Atilla 17 1,063 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Atilla
  Warm up time JB_Fraser 10 940 09-24-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: The G
  Long darts with long points Kaigen Moore 11 1,443 04-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Tommy9er
  My warm up routine The Jester 3 494 04-25-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Warm Up Advice Serial 7hriller 6 962 09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Chardotz