Double Top Darts.

Pain in the back
Hey guys i need your help.
Since 2-3 weeks i feel a pain in the back while and after playing dart.
I'm leaning wide to the dartboard and throw pretty fast (similar to michael van gerwen).
Now i wanna ask if i should change my technique?
I'm 16 years old and i want to get better at darts and want to continue.
Tips please Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
your probably just keeping your neck too stiff for too long in a certain position. Have a break and do some gentle stretching, you may also be tensing up as you throw so relax Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
oops i did a clerical error Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wanted to say a pain in the back not the neck. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ah I see, lol, may be you are leaning over too much, still may need to rest and see if it goes away first Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You say you're leaning over, are you torqueing your back too and getting at a weird angle in shoulder to hip relation. If so, that will cause you some back pain. You're 16 and a lot more nimble than this old geezer, but over the years I've had to change how I stand at the line as time and wear and tear have taken their toll on the joints. You don't say how long it takes for the pain to develop, so if you are playing for hours at a time and leaning over, I can see this being a pretty normal occurrence. Like already mentioned, break up your practice time and rest a bit between sessions when practicing. Then again, maybe it's time you find a more comfortable stance and develop your throw from there if the problem persists.
Ok i just tryed a new stance where i'm not leaning that wide to the board.
I threw like that for 10 minutes and it feels way more comfortable and i just threw my 6. 180 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good deal...keep at it! :-)
(09-27-2015, 07:06 PM)Toron Wrote: Ok i just tryed a new stance where i'm not leaning that wide to the board.
I threw like that for 10 minutes and it feels way more comfortable and i just threw my 6. 180 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good stuff and well done on 180! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pull Back/Take back advice RedHat180 3 104 06-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  Pain in knee Mumbles11 2 253 03-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
  Muscle pain codo180 4 503 01-23-2020, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Pain under shoulderblade twentytwo 1 397 05-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cooper84
  Knee Pain experiences dj_stat8 11 845 05-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  Pain in wrist/hand when throwing! ross.e 4 3,111 01-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Elbow pain/injury - has anyone recovered? skinnygav 12 1,824 07-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Neck pain - help! MadMike4 12 1,621 02-17-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Truthoid